Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in talks with the folks at Knockout for a puppy and wanted to hear the forum's thoughts. If you know them or have one of their progeny, please speak your mind!

I had a long talk with the breeder, a pathologist MD by trade. He was quite well spoken on the well-known problems Dobes have with poor DNA diversity as well as their associated health concerns. We had a good talk on the various tests available as well as their limitations.

But before I commit, I am hoping to travel to meet their Dobes & sniff a few butts in person. As always, I appreciate the collective love of the forum!

:thanx:

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I'm not sure I've heard of them, I definitely don't have one of their dogs... Their site looks pretty good but I"m not sure I saw any mention of health testing on it and that worries me. I know you said that he knew about the problems that dobermans have but was he or will he be able to provide proof of testing to you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for those thoughts! @PatchworkRobot, he was willing to show me his testing results, but I haven't yet asked to see anything since we're talking about a 2013 puppy. I expect if I'm able to arrange an in-person meeting I'll see paperwork then, but you make an excellent point, and I absolutely will ask to see documentation.

I certainly wish that Dobes were just a little less worrysome, but my heart has already decided. And regardless of how it all shakes out (since none of us can predict everything, much as I would like to!!), I will do my best to research diligently, and deal with the results.

Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have not dealt with them personaly but was considering a puppy from their first litter. I did introuduce myself to Alexis at the nationals and she was very nice. I would not have a problem purchasing a puppy from them.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Wonderful people! I have spoken to them in length in about various dogs and Doberman stuff. I like their dogs and them.

·
Strong Ears
174 Posts
My mother got to meet the Sudilovsky's and spent quite a bit of time with them at the Kansas National. She found out immediately after returning home that she had Cancer, but made it a point to mention how nice they were to her. She also mentioned that they had some nice quality dogs and commended them on their efforts. I was also considering a puppy from their first litter, but decided against buying from them when a litter from Boss became available here in Texas. It's better to buy from someone that is closer to home when starting out. (in my opinion.) Hope this helps you with your decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts