Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

61 - 80 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
Another great Video from cus Productions ! Hoss is such a handsome boy ! I do like your fencing around the tree ! That was a good idea ! I think we could make something like that work here Di !

Wishing you all the best !

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,553 Posts
Handsome patient LadyDi! Love his birthday hat and his favourite gift.

I see the sleepy, druggy eyes as he chews on his alligator. It is best for him to keep resting until he can get his leg fixed up.

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Yes,Trazadone! Whoa.....that keeps him off that leg.
One long nightly night of with that drug.
Will be glad when not having to give him so many pills.
So far all of these drugs do not appear to upset his stomach but I try to include kibble with his pills.
After surgery Hoss will be on antibiotics to prevent infection so hoping those set OK with Hoss’s belly.
Anyway one more sleep and the big day will be here!! Thank goodness as we have been waiting since before Christmas. And Hoss is a bed Hog for sure.After surgery I will continue sleeping with him to ensure of no licking to that wound. Scott and I are determined Hoss’s tongue will not touch that wound not one single time!!!!!
Hoss has a reputation of being a sneaky licker if given the opportunity.
Anyway.....
Long long wait.......
But tomorrow will soon be here .....

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,781 Posts
You, Scott, and Hoss will be in my thoughts tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
Be brave LDi ! Hoss will pickup something wrong with you , We don't want him to worry AND anything ---- Many, many , many , Thoughts and big prayers for Hoss - Scott --- And there was somebody else ? Dang CRS !

Oh yeah - You to LDi ! : ))

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Di, will be sharing those gut wrenching nerves tomorrow. So hard to turn your dog over to someone else and walk away. This surgery is so amazing in the turn around for your dog and how he will feel from now on. Even going thru the tedious post care he is going to feel so much better. I will be anxious to hear how it all goes tomorrow. He couldn't be in better hands - yours and the surgeon you so carefully researched. Hugs to you and Hoss.

·
Super Moderator
21,505 Posts
Lots of prayers for a smooth surgery tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and Hoss.

Reactions: LadyDi and melbrod

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,106 Posts
Thanks so much to all of you.
Well we are up!
4:30 AM and Hoss is smacking his food cabinets.
Feeling good today lets getter done!
Good luck Hoss man! Git-R-Done! (y)
(Apparently, the "correct" spelling of Larry's slogan?)

Advice- During Hoss's recovery, don't let him watch the video AJ posted in CT, of the dog jumping/climbing up & over walls!

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
We've had our fingers and paws crossed for Hoss and you since something woke me up at 4:00am yours time (around 1:00am my time) Keep us posted LaDi. And we'll just keep you and the boy in our good thoughts.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
OK, well we dropped Hoss off and TPLO surgery was recommended.
So surgery will happen this afternoon.
The surgeon was very nice.
Thorough explanation of the procedure .
But he warned me they had a high energy Doberman in a few months ago and he had the same surgery.
Dog was so high energy he blew the TPLO surgery by fracturing the bone post op surgery ,so they had to amputate the leg.
Appears the owners were non compliant with the post op instructions and let the dog run around after surgery.Ugg......
It appears the surgeon was trying to relay the importance of long term rest on that left leg post op.
Yup....will make sure Hoss is peeing and pooping only for a long time.
Will give more of an update once I get the call from his surgeon later this afternoon.
So folks stop what you are doing and say some prayers for my boy Hoss!!!
Oh and maybe for me to because I just cannot stop worrying.........

61 - 80 of 138 Posts