Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So king was running around my grandparents place. then he decided it would be a good idea to run up the stairs. Keep in mind king is the clumsiest dog every. Anyway, he fell up the stairs, and i dont know how but tore his skin and hair off on a 5" x 1/4" gash. here is a picture

·
Registered
281 Posts
awww poor king ..i guess it didnt bother a tough guy like him lol..
Harvey goes so fast down the stairs sometimes one day he will get something similar if he dont slow up. I keep letting him go up and down though as he used to be terrified of the stairs lol not now! ..he looks so funny when going down with his bum right up in the air :D

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Ouch. Did he cry at all? Did it bleed?

Takira does the same thing, we have wooden stairs leading down to a tile floor landing and then the dooor right there..lol Sometimes I think she is gonna go down the steps slide across the tile and right out the door thru the screen. Hehehe

TD

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oh poor King! I'm sure he's going to life though. ;) He sounds like Ava... I've never met such a clumsy dog til she came home. She's always falling, flipping or tumbling over something. It must be those long legs. ;)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
TomAndKing said:
its like a gash. i think he got it cought on a raised nail or the edge of the strairs. I put some cream i got from the vet on it and bandaged it up.
OUCH!

I've done that once or twice so I understand how bad it hurts! Make sure you give King and extra treat or two today for me. Along with extra hugs from me as well. :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
TomAndKing said:
its like a gash. i think he got it cought on a raised nail or the edge of the strairs. I put some cream i got from the vet on it and bandaged it up.
Oh poor guy! I hope he is starting to get better soon.. Hey King you need to be careful Okay!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is doing much better. it is healing really quickly, which is odd because he doesnt usually heal up too quick. It didnt bleed too much. as soon as the cream was on it stopped. he didnt yelp when it happened, but he was limping for about 30 seconds. after about 30 seconds it was like nothing happened. One thing i love about king is that he REALLY trusts me. he lets me do anything to him. I cleaned his wound and he just looked at me and licked me while i spread the cream out. I did give him extra treats for being such a good boy and letting me fix him up. Even at the vet, i hug around his neck(just to keep his head away from the vet) and the vet can scrape, inject, squeez, and poke all he wants. he is perfectly fine with it aslong as im there. the nice part is that its in the area of his tan marking so it wont be too noticable when all healed up.

***edit***

oh, and we are also adding a two gates that would make him weave to get through them so he cant run up it anymore. exactly like what you would see at the entrance of a park. better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good to hear King is on the road to recovery.

What is it about Dobes being so uncoordinated on stairs? Jeddah flys both down and up the stairs, and we've had a couple of accidents. Scares the daylights out of me, doesn't seem to worry her though. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts