Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after doing a bunch of reading, i decided to give it a go. Clearly something is wrong with king, and im not going to wait around for the vet to figure it out. Ive read so many stories on the net, and actually fond a store that sells frozen raw food in packages, and there was a lady there with a dog that had similar problems to Kings. Once they switched over to a raw diet, took away any of the processed treats, everything cleared up. So here i go, im giving it a go. Its not even as expensive as i though. Only $40 a week.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Good luck, Tom. It may take a couple of days for his system to get used to it (it did with my sisters aussie), but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will get King right as rain, real soon. Keep us posted.

Carrie

·
Super Moderator
15,568 Posts
It might be a good idea to mix in some rice for the first few days if you hadn't already planned to do so (veggies later?)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Worth a try Tom, Lexus didn't have nearly the troubles that King is going through, but we did have some really dry and flaky skin as well as some other minor issues, and it worked miracles for her. Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
That's great, I hope it works for King. What frozen food is it ?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really hope he doesnt get the runs again. That would REALLY suck. The food isnt by brand. Basically its whole "sole" minus the head, ground up and frozen. It comes in 1200 gram bricks. The Veggies are also ground up, and frozen into 600 gram bricks. King will be getting 800 grams of food a day, 600 from meat, and 200 from veggies. Along with that, a combination oil that gets added to the meal.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Good luck Tom i hope it works for Kings sake and yours, i know what you are going through my dog Max had skin problems and it is depressing to see them like that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ky was the runt of the litter and we fed him raw, he barely ate it. I switched over to Purina Beniful. Same results as raw, except he's now taller than all of his litter mates :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
TomAndKing said:
Well, no runs. YAY!!!!:dancing_b
He is taking to this food REALLY well. This may be wishful thinking, but he is so much more perky. He woke me up at 3 this morning to play :eek2: .
^^^^^ that is too funny...

Great to hear he is taking it well!!! We'll keep our fingers crossed for ya. Princi is also going on the raw diet very soon.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Tom
you make getting up at 3 a.m. with King sound like a good thing?!?!?!?!?

seriously, am so happy for both of you it's starting off well.

cc

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Codysmom said:
Tom
you make getting up at 3 a.m. with King sound like a good thing?!?!?!?!?

seriously, am so happy for both of you it's starting off well.

cc
LOL, definatly not a good thing. I was just happy to see him so happy. Everyone keeps telling me how happy and energetic he seems to over the last two days. Not only that, i have REALLY good news. There is some hair coming back. And im not just imagining this. I didnt ask anyone if they noticed any new hair. They commented on how his ears, neck and back seem darker. So im definatly not just seeing things. :dancing_b

·
Registered
602 Posts
^^^^^
Wow!!!! This stuff really works.....

I am glad to see this turn in the right direction for King. Very happy for you guys.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts