Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda sad that I just found this site. I have had my girl Jezebel for 11 years and she is very ill and fading fast. I think its time to put her down, but having a hard time with it. She has a brain tumor and three weeks ago was fine, wiggling and playing like she's two and then a week later started having seizures.

I've had her since she was 4 weeks old and I bottle fed her. She is my precious princess. It is very hard letting her go. Doctor says nothing can be done. Don't quite know how to live without her and will have a hard time coping. :( :mad: :cry:

I also have a two year old Chance who has been guarding her day and night...

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hi and welcome to DT.

so sorry your Girl is not doing well.........it is so hard to make 'that' call.

Hugz to you and yours.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
We understand what you're going through, so stay around for the hugs and support this site will provide. It's never easy when they go, young or old....dobes bond in that special way that makes goodbyes heartwrenching.
((((hugs))))) and welcome.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I am so sorry that you are going through this. It's never easy to let a pet and friend go but when you can no longer keep them from suffering sometimes it has to be time. She will understand ((hugs)) to you and to her.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
These guys can become our family and best friends. I've been where you are and it's just awful. I'm very sorry you are facing this. Hugs and kisses to your girl.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Jeze-my-belle - I am very sadened by your very precious & most loving Jezebel's illness.

Re Quote:
"Don't quite know how to live without her and will have a hard time coping".

^^^^ if your reaching out for an opinion, I will like to share...what I learned.
- my first girl had a tumor also
- my second girl, is slowing down now / we are attached in mind & spirit

I plan to get another puppy, without much delay, in the future...when the time comes.
My girls have taught me much, and a good portion of them will be honored in the new one.
- if that makes any sense / next puppy will not be simply a replacement...but rather a cherished extention of past loved ones

For the true happiness our old dobes afford us, but can't carry on:
They unselfishly want us humans to continue, due to the gift of a forever and quality of life we have willingly given our beloved canine friend(s).

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
It sounds as if the kindest thing you can do is let her go. They never stay long enough.

·
Extraordimary
4,959 Posts
You will have a hard time coping, no question. But you'll have to for Chance's sake. Luckily for you, you'll have him to keep you functioning and he'll need you, too, when he loses his friend. I'm sorry for the decision you are facing. Not an easy thing.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I am so sorry. It is so hard to let them go. Prayers going out to you.

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
Never an easy thing... making that decision to end their suffering. You have my sympathy :(

I have a baby Jezebel (4 months tomorrow) - so I know that your old girl must be very cool indeed because she has a great name :win2k:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts