Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, my son, Derek is sort of "in charge" of naming our pets. Our other done is a red male (who is just the opposite of Khaleesi in every way). He was named after our favorite serial murderer, Dexter.

Most folks mangle Khaleesi's name. (I wanted to name her Kaos, as in chaos. Which would have suited her style just perfectly. But my sister said, "Oh why don't you name her fear and disappointment then. The judges will love that.")

So Khaleesi the Dragon Queen it is...and we even had a collar made with dragons on it!

Here she is with her brother, the gentle giant that is mis-named, Dexter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
awesome name

I love the Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin. Khaleesi is a beautiful name for your girl! She's very pretty too. Daenerys is the character's first name, I also love that name but its really popular right now (big shock with Game of Thrones on HBO)....
I probably spelled it wrong too but fans will know what I mean. Anyway, Khaleesi is a great name and more original :)

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
We chose Arya as the first name just because all of the puppies in this litter had to start with the letter "A" for the breeder. I think I have the order incorrectly done in the original posting. Some of the other names from this litter include Delmira Andrew Jackson and Delmira Agent Kona Coast...Tempe is a sister to Khaleesi but I don't know the "A" name for her. Had to get creative with the A thing.

I'm reading the Martin book (second in the series I guess) now.

Lot of plots to follow there! But love it. And Khaleesi (Daenarys) is my favorite character.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
When I saw the thread title I was going to come in and ask if she was named after GOT :D

Happy birthday Dragon Queen!!

Reactions: Jhagman

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Asmit. Someone at our vet's clinic recommended a SCH club in Maryville that my husband is gonna try on Sunday morning.

I will still take her to Sandy Pope's AK9 in Maynardville now and then, it's just too far to go as often as we need to!

I did hear of another place that does agility...we've been working on both agility and obedience with her very lightly. And she was evaluated for SCH. So we're putting SCH back in because she LOVES to track...

I'll pursue all this more heavily when I get back from my big trip. I'm on the way to Japan with my sister. So my husband is taking Khaleesi to the SCH club this weekend.

Should be interesting.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Beautiful girl. I wanted to name my new girl Khaleesi Rose but my hubby insisted on Rubirose so she will be Rubirose Khaleesi, Queen of Dragons. I hope she is as pretty as your Khaleesi. We are also Game of Thrones enthusiasts.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Happy Birthday pretty girl!

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Happy Birthday Khaleesi!

:candle:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts