Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy 4th of July! :)

Everyone please remember to keep your pets safe this holiday- yes cats too! A lot of people don't know the harm that can happen to our pets around holidays - they can ingest foods or non food items they shouldn't or even escape and become disoriented because of loud noises. If you take the right precautions your pet won't end up in the emergency room or local shelter the next day. Below are a few safety tips to keep in mind.

10 Pet Safety Tips for the 4th of July | Life With Dogs

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Yep, we are staying inside and thundershirt ready. :)

Reactions: madmony

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Good reminder.

Dogs, cats and horses, too, need extra attention during the 4th and in this midwest heat wave.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,343 Posts
Thanks for reminding people GK! No fireworks on the hill where we live now! At the other place a much different story. Idiot neighbors used to have a huge party with huge fireworks. Next day I was always finding large pieces of debris all over our yard. Good story and it shows what idiots they were: Maybe about 8 or 9 years ago they had their usual huge party with their usual huge firework display and DH and I are in the house with Dax cowering and pacing and we hear this yapping outside our window. It was one of their ankle biters caught between our pool fence and the landscape boards scared out of its mind. Told DH to get over and let them know where their dog is because you couldn't get near it. So he goes over and finally finds the husband among the 100+ people and tells him to come and get his dog. He said we put the other one in the house but forgot this one. So he had no idea where the dog was! Could have run to the next county and they would never have known. DH comes back and I tell him they could have least given you something to eat while you were there!

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Taking Bacchus to the fireworks. They have them within walking distance of our apartment. We get close enough that you can feel the concussion and smell the powder. he likes to go and do the meet and greet. If you make eye contact that means you want to be his new friend.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Nice- taking Merlin to the fireworks near the city. Its going to be very exciting and he just sits and stares at the sky!

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
Last year, there was a fireworks ban due to the drought. It was lovely. No such luck this year. Even though fireworks of any kind are illegal within city limits, idiots al up and down the street have been shooting them off since yesterday morning. Lucky is terrified of them. :(

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
My girl is right at my feet and the fireworks are a popping..........She is shaking and hates it. I wonder if ear plugs would help?
Ugh I feel your pain. We live only 1 mile from where our city shoots off fireworks and it is LOUD. My 5 year old and Gunner are both freaking out. Gunner is picking up on my son's anxiety and he's barking more then I've ever heard. :rolleyesww:

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Taking Bacchus to the fireworks. They have them within walking distance of our apartment. We get close enough that you can feel the concussion and smell the powder. he likes to go and do the meet and greet. If you make eye contact that means you want to be his new friend.
LOL Jones is the same way...
He could care less about the fireworks he just wants everyone to pet him.

I hope everyone is doing okay, and not terribly stressed.

Me and Jones just got back from our fireworks show...
Happy 4th all (Crappy Cellphone pic)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aubree is passed out on the couch with me. I'm glad the fireworks aren't bothering her. As soon as they started, my 4 year old son was freaking out and in tears. He hates fireworks.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts