Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW, what a rush! I took her out to a local coursing trial this weekend to see what she'd do.... I know she's got prey drive, and I know she's in good shape, so I'd love to get her CA title (and if we can find the tests, also pursue the CAA and CAX titles as well!)

She did great, and I think it was the most fun she's had in a loooong time!

Recovering from a sharp turn!

And a video of her third run. These were not CAT courses.... these were full-fledged trial courses designed for sighthounds. Apparently CAT courses are smaller... this one was about 785 yards if I recall correctly.

Kaylee lure coursing - Sunday 1st run - YouTube

·
Registered
939 Posts
Go Kaylee, go!! That looks like so much fun!

I really love the second picture- you can really tell how athletic they are.. and she's so focused!

Thanks for sharing :)

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Awesome! Really cool photos, she looks like she enjoyed it! I joined a lure coursing group here to find out about these events but so far they've been pretty snobby towards other breeds besides sighthounds.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
What awesome photos!

I really want to take Dreizehn lure-coursing sometime. I think he'd love it.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! Really cool photos, she looks like she enjoyed it! I joined a lure coursing group here to find out about these events but so far they've been pretty snobby towards other breeds besides sighthounds.

Yeah, we had a little of that this weekend too. I just made a point of hanging around the people that actually wanted me there. Sadly, it seemed the better Kaylee did, the more the "snobs" were openly unhappy I was there. :(

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Isn't that how it always goes? People are all excited to have competition when they can still win. If they have to share high honors... whole different story. The good thing is, Kaylee probably doesn't give a poop if they don't like her. She looks like she had soooooo much fun. And, added bonus, I bet she was nice and tired afterwards.

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
She looks awesome!!!

I recently found a lure coursing group in my area but we haven't made it out to any runs yet - too busy with agility lately. I'm excited to give it a try though. At minimum I think it will be some great exercise and lots of fun for the dogs.

·
Da Boss
3,488 Posts
Great pictures!

We took Brandy out one time just for fun and she yipped at the bait the whole time she was running...it was hilarious!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Looks like fun. They had a demo lure course at an agility match a few months ago, and I wanted to take Pula to try. I ended up not doing that, but it was soooo busy with people wanting to try that I might not have gotten to run the course anyway. I know Pula would l-o-v-e it....someday.

Thanks for the video.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts