Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kaydee is now 5 months old. She weighs 60 Lbs. I think she is going to be quite big? Her ear crop is beautiful the problem is they want to fold inwards. Any ideals how get the ears to straighten? I posted new pictures of Kaydee in the gallery. Thanks, Edie

·
Premium Member
11,446 Posts
I can't get a picture of her ears to load for me but if they are tipping in she probably has pockets (indentations at the base of the ear where they attach to the topskull). If you do a search on pockets, ears you should come up with a lot of pictures that other people have posted who had that sort of problem.

Typically the correction is to take a small piece of cotton or foam and use it between the post and the ear where the dimple is (the pocket)to make the indentation pop out; put the ear up and use a couple of wraps of tape to generate a little heat at that spot (it softens the cartilage and allows the pocket to pop back out). I do NOT use a brace for a puppy with pockets--you actually want the ears to tip out a bit. 10 o'clock/2 o'clock position is best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts