Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am several months into a co-ownership agreement with Kathy Babbitt/Katoba Dobermans and seriously regret not coming across this forum earlier. Had I done so, I certainly would have steered clear. I fault myself for not being more diligent in my research.

I am requesting the community's help contacting with all current and former co-owners to learn how your are coping, network, and share resources.

If a prediction can be made from the prior related threads, I expect Kathy/Katoba, her lone ally Cathy Ceely of Emerald Dobermans, and a bevy of freshly created proxy accounts to become very verbal. It is a free forum, but I certainly will be ignoring the noise.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I am several months into a co-ownership agreement with Kathy Babbitt/Katoba Dobermans and seriously regret not coming across this forum earlier. Had I done so, I certainly would have steered clear. I fault myself for not being more diligent in my research.

I am requesting the community's help contacting with all current and former co-owners to learn how your are coping, network, and share resources.

It is my opinion that the breed and the community will be best served when she is permanently prevented from showing and breeding. I don't harbor any ill will toward her and I hope she is able to get the help she needs. Unfortunately, I don't think she is going to come to this conclusion voluntarily.

If a prediction can be made from the prior related threads, I expect Kathy/Katoba, her lone ally Cathy Ceely of Emerald Dobermans, and a bevy of freshly created proxy accounts to become very verbal. It is a free forum, but I certainly will be ignoring the noise.
Hello, I am Cathy Ceely - what concerns do you have?

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
I'm not sure what purpose your post serves. Without all the details, which probably would not be appropriate for a public internet forum, it's a one sided court. If you have general experiences and lessons learned from co-ownership show contracts to share, great. People learn from the pros and cons learned by others. let's keep this thread non-personal and civil. But if you have business contractual issues with said individual, you are probably best served handling it privately.

It is my opinion that the breed and the community will be best served when she is permanently prevented from showing and breeding. I don't harbor any ill will toward her and I hope she is able to get the help she needs. Unfortunately, I don't think she is going to come to this conclusion voluntarily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Erm.... maybe a little back story?
I'm not trying to start a debate here.

From what I have gathered so far, my experience with her will not be a surprise to anyone who has dealt with her, and my intent in starting this thread is to connect with others who have had direct experience with her.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm not trying to start a debate here and I fear there is a chance Katoba will be named a defendant another legal battle, so I need to be careful what I say here.

From what I have gathered so far my experience with her will not be a surprise to anyone who has dealt with her, and my intent in starting this thread is to connect with others who have had direct experience with her.
Hello again - I have PM'd you and provided you with my direct contact information and invite you to contact me if you so desire - you and I have never met, to my knowledge.

With regard to your stated purpose of establishing this thread; I'm not quite certain that is an appropriate use of this forum.

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
Welcome to doberman talk Red.

I don't see any problems with this thread as a means of connectioning with those having difficulties in the doberman world as there are many such threads (beyond Katoba) like this throughout this forum.

There are several Katoba puppy buyers on Doberman talk that hopefully will see this thread and appreciate this support group.

In appreciation for the forum though, I respectfully ask that everyone not use this thread to discuss specific problems they have had and speak with each other directly or through PMs. Please keep this public conversation constructive and on the "high" road.

Thank you, Tracy, Drago, and Mariah.

·
Whippet Up
1,588 Posts
With regard to your stated purpose of establishing this thread; I'm not quite certain that is an appropriate use of this forum.
I disagree.

The OP is merely requesting information and contact with individuals experiencing the same issues, just like any other thread subject/topic posted on DT. As long as it stays civil and personal issues are taken private then I see no reason to call it inappropriate.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I'm just concerned that we don't really know who "Red" is at this point.....

Reactions: tosca and Jenny

·
Whippet Up
1,588 Posts
Point taken :) However I don't personally know most of the people on DT...so I guess I am not sure why that is relevant in this case over any other....like I said as long as the discussion stays civil and private where personal issues come into it, as the moderators have indicated.

Those of us who have been on DT a while are understandably leery due to the subject matter, however it is important in my view to allow info gathering even if we don't particularly like the subject.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My name is David Truax, I purchased Braun from Katoba/Kathy Babbitt's most recent litter, whelped August 1st 2009. What other information can I offer?

I appreciate the outpouring of support I have received so far.

It is not my intent to defame or have a debate here, I just want to connect with any and everyone who is or was in a co-ownership agreement with Kathy. If you know anyone who meets that description, there is unlikely to be any ambiguity about what we'll be discussing.

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
I don't see why others who have had either negative or positive experiences with a breeder can post the details of their experiences but this OP is being urged to keep his Katoba Dobermans experience private. If the facts are stated publicly (and no personal attacks are made), then others who may be seeking info on this breeder for a potential puppy purchase will likely benefit from the information. Since when have facts about a puppy purchase and/or breeder contract been discouraged on this forum?

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
This is the 1st time I've heard of Katoba so I did a DT search for additional info- the subject of co-ownership has been brought to the table in the past.

·
Whippet Up
1,588 Posts
This is the 1st time I've heard of Katoba so I did a DT search for additional info- the subject of co-ownership has been brought to the table in the past.
Are you referring to co ownerships in general or with this person in particular?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I disagree.

The OP is merely requesting information and contact with individuals experiencing the same issues, just like any other thread subject/topic posted on DT. As long as it stays civil and personal issues are taken private then I see no reason to call it inappropriate.
How do we know that anyone's had the same issues if we don't know what those issues even are?

I don't know this breeder in particular so can't say anything either way - although I think disputes regarding a contractual agreement should be discussed with an attorney and not on a public forum.

I am sure that people who have had issues with this breeder would be happy to discuss them in private with the OP - if they exist.

Reactions: Apollo

·
Whippet Up
1,588 Posts
How do we know that anyone's had the same issues if we don't know what those issues even are?

I don't know this breeder in particular so can't say anything either way - although I think disputes regarding a contractual agreement should be discussed with an attorney and not on a public forum.

I am sure that people who have had issues with this breeder would be happy to discuss them in private with the OP - if they exist.
Let's go back to square one...here is what the OP asked:

insofar as the - if they exist - part I guess we will find out I am sure.

Reactions: the_discowhore

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
it was a thread from 2007 with Katoba and Dragon Heart- wasn't alot of details but apparently DH was awarded sole ownership. not alot of details but I guess it's public knowledge. Maybe DH will reach out to the OP.

Are you referring to co ownerships in general or with this person in particular?

1 - 20 of 140 Posts