Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Yup! Their factory is in my city, so its very commonly fed here. I think its great, expensive but great. I feed it to elsie sometimes and she loves it, but we avoid the lamb one as lamb makes her fart many of the top dog sport people (agility and sledding especialy) in NZ feed this food, and of course their dogs are in awesome condition, we can get 4 flavours here so you can cycle the proteins too which is nice. The freeze dry one is good for feeding when you are on the road too, just rehydrate with warm water and feed. I think some of the NZ police dogs are on the food too.

They sponsor the good dog rescue group here, so all those malnourished sick dogs get back up to speed on a good healthy diet. A friend of mine is friends with the guy that runs K9 to (no free food though waa)

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We carry the frozen beef, lamb, chicken, and lamb tripe. My dogs do well on Acana but since I get a discount on food, I am tempted to just try this brand out for a little bit and see how they do...I mean, I could always switch back! :)

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update! (warning: poop photo!)

Ok I'm a believer!

Prime has been on raw K9 Natural for 2 weeks now and this is his stool on 3 cups a day. I'm impressed. It's smaller than the min pin's poop! I'm going to start adding in RMBs as well.

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Let me know how long one bag lasts you!! The $180 one that is.... I find it hard to believe the companies about the serving sizes etc because I've never heard of anyone using a product like this that used anywhere close to the 'recommended amount'

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the price suuucks but im going on 3 weeks now and there's still a good amount left so we'll see. I definitely don't have the freezer space to feed raw to more than one dog so prime is my guinea pig. Im going with 3 cups as a starting point, don't know if I'll end up feeding more or less. If I give RMBs along with it the cup amount will decrease. Feeding one dog this won't break my bank though so I'm not too worried about it :)

I bought one 11lb bag of the chicken formula for 48.99

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Hi ZR - K9 Natural sounds really good, and I would be interested in trying it on our Amy.
- not the frozen, but the freeze dried formula
Any chance of posting a photo of the actual food, along with the bag?...Thanks.

Years ago I had our girl on NRG (freeze dried) for a while. Dog Food - NRG - Natural Dog Food for Dogs
Just added hot tap water, 20 minutes before feeding, with a cloth on the bowl...like eating porridge.
Compared to preminum kibble, approx. 3x the price, and with Amy...not sure we noticed, any decisive gains.
I probably couldn't get my head around feeding only a soft porriidge, for her entire life...so we stopped.
Also tried RAW (species specific tv dinners) plus chicken backs/necks with salmon oil...Amy just didn't enjoy eating it / maybe to many table scraps...LOL.

K9 Natural is a revolutionary, New Zealand made, 100% raw, frozen or freeze dried dog food which combines the natural goodness of fresh whole foods with an absolute commitment to the true nutritional needs of canines.
Free of grain and hormone growth promotants
Free range dog food that contains only quality ingredients
Absolutely no additives, artificial preservatives, wheat, wheat gluten, rice, rice gluten, cereal bulking agents or corn.
85% real meat, bone and blood,
15% fresh fruit and vegetables,
whole eggs and garlic.
Based on the actual diet of the domestic dog’s closest relative, the Grey Wolf

Dog Nutrition - Do You Know What's In Your Dog's Food?
Dog Nutrition - Do You Know What's In Your Dog's Food? - YouTube!

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oops i posted that we carry the freeze dried but we only carry the frozen raw. Beaumont, I will try and post some photos later tonight for you. I gave the other 3 dogs in the house a little bit of the raw and they all went crazy for it. So far, no complaints.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang, it all has lamb in it. Stormy is allergic to lamb.

The store I work at carries their chicken, beef, and lamb formula...no meat proteins are mixed together. I feed "Chicken feast"..here is the ingredients:

Chicken meat, chicken bone, chicken blood, chicken liver, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, spinach (chard), cabbage, apple, pear, chicken hearts, chicken kidneys, eggs, green lipped mussel and garlic

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Oh great! I didn't find any varieties easily on the site. It does appear to be available here though so I am going to check it out.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Thanks ZR, for your help - I think I will try the K9 brand, on Amy.

Do you let the frozen raw unthaw first / if yes, how long ??
Your canine pack, sure wolfs that food down, and look for others bowls to lick clean...He-He.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I scoop out 2-3 days worth and put it in that tupperware container in the first pic to thaw in the fridge. I put it in the fridge to thaw in the evening and it's ready by the morning meal. If I need it thawed faster I have put the portion I want to feed in a ziplock bag and ran warm water over it before.

There are no picky eaters in this house, lol. I just wanted to see if they would all like it so it was very spur of the moment video when I was getting ready to feed Prime. Poor min pin was eating out of a tupperware bowl, heh heh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for USA Colorado source

Hello, I am looking for a US, Colorado source for K9 Natural Freeze Dried and prices.

Thanks
Bill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts