Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting insight into how your dogs interpret our behavior. Someone else here recommended this book and I was at the bookstore the other day and deceided to pick it up. I could not put it down, I finished it that night! Anyway's here is the title and author:

The Other End of The Leash
Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.

It all makes complete sense and you will understand why dogs and people can sometimes get into trouble with each other. It is not really a "do this and do that" kinda book. It is more just some really good insight into why dogs do what they do, based on what we do to them. I have a better understanding as to what their needs are and how to go about it.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
It all makes complete sense and you will understand why dogs and people can sometimes get into trouble with each other. It is not really a "do this and do that" kinda book.
cool I like that kind of reading...and it will probably go along well with my obedience training book. :)

·
Premium Member
8,915 Posts
Okie-dobie said:
I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting insight into how your dogs interpret our behavior. Someone else here recommended this book and I was at the bookstore the other day and deceided to pick it up. I could not put it down, I finished it that night! Anyway's here is the title and author:

The Other End of The Leash
Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.

It all makes complete sense and you will understand why dogs and people can sometimes get into trouble with each other. It is not really a "do this and do that" kinda book. It is more just some really good insight into why dogs do what they do, based on what we do to them. I have a better understanding as to what their needs are and how to go about it.
Yep, that is one of my favorite books and one I recommend to a lot of people. It is funny because I just recommeded it to someone today who has a rescue puppy from the rescue I do some volunteer work for - I am their unofficial breeder support .......it is good practice for when I breed a litter of my own someday :)

Excellent book, I'm glad you read it. Everyone I know who has read it really likes it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.