Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked Lucy up from her ear cropping. Updated Pics!!!

What the title says. What do you think? I think they look good from what I can see. Sorry for the poor picture quality. (cell phone pics)

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Aw she is so cute! Who did her ears?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I've never been thru the ear cropping thing......but, I thought you were supposed to let the ears lay on the head until the edges have healed and then start posting..... She is just tooo cute..........enjoy that baby girl while it lasts!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
She is very cute!! Very sweet face.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A local vet did her ears here in Jacksonville, I talked to a few doberman owners and they recommended him. It looks to me that they did a good job.
Yes she is very girly, this is the first female dog I have had and she is a handful. I really love this breed.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I thought you were supposed to let the ears lay on the head until the edges have healed and then start posting
Veterinarians do it differently, some lay them across the head, some put the ears up with a cup, some with foam, some (like the one I used with my first two didn't do anything until the stitches were out).

Eden's were posted with the stitches uncovered which is the important part that the vets that do post will do.

·
Registered
821 Posts
John & Lucy she sure is a cutie!!! Looks like they did a good job on her ears. Good Luck with future posting.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I love her face. What a sweetheart expression.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Cute puppy... :)

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
:flower: What a cutie. Can't wait to see her as she grows up.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I've never been thru the ear cropping thing......but, I thought you were supposed to let the ears lay on the head until the edges have healed and then start posting..... She is just tooo cute..........enjoy that baby girl while it lasts!
That's how they did Sadie's ears, and I really would have preferred for them to be up. She ended up getting an infection in one, and I don't think the cartilege ended up being as strong in that ear as in the other on, and since then, it's leaned inward a little bit. If her ears hadn't been glued together over her head for weeks when she was little, I don't think it would have happened.

That is one beautiful puppy! Please keep posting pictures of her. I can't wait to watch her grow up!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
That's how they did Sadie's ears, and I really would have preferred for them to be up. She ended up getting an infection in one, and I don't think the cartilege ended up being as strong in that ear as in the other on, and since then, it's leaned inward a little bit. If her ears hadn't been glued together over her head for weeks when she was little, I don't think it would have happened.

That is one beautiful puppy! Please keep posting pictures of her. I can't wait to watch her grow up!
They are supposed to only leave the ears over the head for the 10 days or so that it takes for them to heal and the scabs come off. I was told to put neosporin on every day to promote healing and prevent puckering. My experience is that nothing should cover the raw edges during healing. When they are healed then they are taped up. If the ear or ears lean inward it has nothing to do with them being laid over the head but improper taping with the ears not being pulled up far enough during the taping.
I am not trying to be mean just stating facts.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I put mine up on a cup while they are still out. I leave the cups on even after stitches come out. When they are healed completely I start posting. I let a vet do something kind of like the one pictured here and where the tape covered the cut edges it got nasty gooey.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts