Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if you folks remember the mystery bump that suddenly appeared on Kip's leg--we didn't know what it was but treated it with laser and it went away. Only to come back again a few months later. We treated it with DMSO (spelling LOL) and it went away.

Now, months later, back the growth came (bigger than walnut sized), so we decided to get it removed, and at the same time remove a growth from Kip's eyelid and clean his teeth. All went well.

Except--he has been whining NON-STOP ever since I picked him up at 2. He's eating well, drinking well, moving freely, went potty nicely, jumps up on the bed and couch (we have a high bed) with ease.

But he's whining. So I called the vet and she said airily, "Oh, that's probably the morphine injection we gave him. Some dogs do that as it wears off. It may take 12 hours or so, but he should be fine. Call me if you need me."

Now, this is not itty-bitty sotto voce whining, but instead loud, annoying constant WHINING! I don't think he is even pausing to take a breath. LOL

TWELVE MORE HOURS!

Just kill me now.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta go see if the stores are still open. :)

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I was gonna suggest a really good joint an renting Your Highness. Better for your mood...elevates.:) Crate Kip in another room for the duration. Nothing wrong with crating when you need to preserve sanity!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
All the best to Kip and yourself, in the next 12 hours.

If the whining doesn`t soon stop...just check to see if Kip isn`t still holding the vets thermometer still...LOL

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
awwww you have your own little heroin addict who wants another fix. ...send him to the monks in Burma...they will get him off the junk in no time flat. :D

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Hope Kip is well soon! Yes, drink more and you will be fine, lol.

Reactions: melbrod
1 - 20 of 28 Posts