Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Just got my first Dobe!!

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Dobelife4me 
#1 ·
Hey all, I just joined the forum so I can learn as much about dobermans as possible! I just rescued my first dog Simon from the Illinois Doberman Rescue. He is HUGE, bigger than the breed standard I think (I wouldn't know, he won't let me measure him, he hates the measuring tape) Anywawys, he just had surgery this week and is recovering. I just wanted to say HI to everyone!! :dancing_b

You can see my big boy at http://www.dogster.com/?175373

#2 ·
Hello. I just joined this forum today. Congrats on your first doberman. They really have the potatoe chip affect. Once you have one you want more. Right now I only have 1 doberman, her name is Gracie. She will be 2 years old in a few months. I plan on having a birthday party for her. :D

#7 ·
Awesome looking Dog, and you saved a Rescue :dancing_b great job! I have a 2 year old rescue Dobe myself now. Listen just give him a little time and lots of love and he will fit right in and give you lots of love and loyality right back.

Thanks for joining the forum I hope you enjoy it here.

DA

#8 ·
Handsome boy! Hats off to you for aiding the cause of rescue! I have two rescues right now and it's the only way to go. My black male came from a local shelter and was completely housetrained and obedient the day we brought him home. My other rescue is a doberman/greyhound/shepherd mix who spent five long years in a no kill shelter. This shelter lacked a socialization program, so he lived in a small run with no attention, making him extremely withdrawn, he wouldn't even look at people and hadn't wagged his tail in the whole five years he spent there. He came to them as a stray when he was about a year old and was withdrawn then, so there's no telling what he had been through. We fostered him for a month and saw improvement. He is now learning how to be a dog. He didn't know how to mark territory (or lacked the desire), was completely illiterate, which showed he was never talked to. He has learned a lot about being a dog from our other dobe and he is coming along nicely and even bonding with us, although he's still leary of strangers. He will peek around the corner at them, which is cute. Our dobe was about five years old when we adopted him and our dobe mix was about six years old.

Oh look at me, I could go on and on about dobes and rescue. Congratulations and may you have many, many healthy years with your boy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.