Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Are you near picture rock? It looks like Traverse City area....... beautiful area.........sea grass reminds me of Sleeping Bear.........beautiful pictures you made me homesick:)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you near picture rock? It looks like Traverse City area....... beautiful area.........sea grass reminds me of Sleeping Bear.........beautiful pictures you made me homesick:)
It's the U.P. pictured Rocks, Keewenaw Penninsula, and the dune grass is from Whitefish Point.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love him! What the heck is that biscuit thing?

That "biscuit thing" is the greatest food ever invented. It's called a pasture. Pronounced "pass-tee". They were eaten by u.p. miners that had emigrated from Wales in thee 1800's.they have beef, potatoes, rudabagoe, and other veggies depending on what kind you get. All in a nice baked crust.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That "biscuit thing" is the greatest food ever invented. It's called a pasture. Pronounced "pass-tee". They were eaten by u.p. miners that had emigrated from Wales in thee 1800's.they have beef, potatoes, rudabagoe, and other veggies depending on what kind you get. All in a nice baked crust.

Stuid phone! it's a "pasty" not a "pasture". Damned autocorrect.

PASTY!

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Take my advice and do NOT google Pasty while at work! LOL!

We love the U.P. and try to get up there every year or so. Mackinack Island, Sault St. Marie, Whitefish Point, Pictured Rocks, a little town called Paradise, that one just must see. :).

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Pasty history begins in the Cornwall area of England, they were made for the tin miners there. LOVE pasties! LOVE my grandpup Sig, who's a very handsome guy!
You got it right, I mispoke. It's Cornwall not Wales. They made them for the copper miners in the U.P.

The gals in Mackinac at the pasty store make me ones without onions for Sig when we're there. They said it' not uncommon for folks to ask for onionless ones to share with their dogs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts