Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

He's been doing great. His crate/house training is going good. He had a pee accident yesterday when we had company over. But I think it was just because he was excited about the company and got distracted.

I can say "kennel up" now while we are walking toward his crate and I no longer have to lure him in with a treat. He will walk in without it but once hes in there, he's looking for it lol. The past couple of nights I have been teaching him to sit and he caught on to that pretty quickly. So after I know hes got that down pat, I will start teaching him to stay/come.

I can tell hes becoming more alert with his surroundings too. When I first brought him home, he seemed to be sort of oblivious with his surroundings. Now if he hears a noise or another dog in the neighborhood, he raises his head and his ears stand.

Overall, he's been a great pup. I have no complaints. He did finally bark again yesterday when I was getting his supper ready. It was sort of a whine then finally a bark lol.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
haha he finally barked
are you going to get his ears done??

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
What a cute pup he is! Glad to hear he is being such a good boy. Hope things stay that way.lol They are very intelligent arent they!:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a cute pup he is! Glad to hear he is being such a good boy. Hope things stay that way.lol They are very intelligent arent they!:)
Yes they are. My dad is so proud of this dog he takes him everywhere he goes while I'm at work. He already has two dog friends that he plays with about twice a week.

Hes a confident pup too. I had a friend that came by yesterday right before dark and I was in the side yard walking him. My friend came around the corner of the house and made a noise. Rebel turned around, looked at him for a few seconds and just started power walking toward him with full alertness. I really loved the stance he took.

·
Banned
152 Posts
He did finally bark
Truely smart dogs say it with the eyes, not the voice. I bet he is a extremly fast learner and if reputition is used he will do things without being told or being rewarded, well you should always reward even if it's just a firm hug.

He looks awesome, you and your pops ought to be very proud, he's a great dog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts