Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tom snapped these for me this evening, thought you guys might like to see my doberjumper!! Thses are performed with Lexy in a sit/stay about twenty yards from the jump then given the "Over" command as I stand by the jump. She then recalls to a sit in front of me beside the jump. Took a lot of training to get to this point, but now we're here! :jonkel:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Way to go Lexy!! :dancing_b There's not many things that are more beautiful than a Doberman in motion.

·
Registered
521 Posts
WTG Lexus!!!! Have you gotten a Novice Obedience title with her? She sure looks like she is really doing a good job with agility. I just had classes for agility this summer. It was alot of fun.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO I haven't shown her yet. I'm new to the dog show world, so I'm kinda dragging my feet, and I'm having a hard time finding some "practice" matches to "break"us in to it. I'm going to get into Rally though, then move on to OB also! SHe's cleared the fence you see behind us from a standstill before!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I believe that. Hero jumps standing by our fence. What state are you from? I have showed for 3 years and still have the jitters. LOL Do you have any UKC shows around you? They are how I started they are so laid back and FRIENDLY. You show two times a day. If you need help people are more than happy to help. Or even puppy matches. People have told me to join a club. Or even go to George Alston's Seminar that is in near you, very good. I do recommend it highly!!! He's tough but he knows what he is talking about.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Way to go Lexus. I saw the rally for the first time this you at the Columbus shows this spring. I like it a lot better than obedience. the AKC obedience is to much the same every time. I've seen dogs drilled so they know the pattern and mess up when it's different. You don't get that in the rally. Which to me is much better. Keep up the good work.
Ann

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! I'm in Ohio, I talked to my trainer at my last class and she is going to keep an ear open for me on any matches coming up. That's what I want to get Lexy and I used to the show "atmosphere" before we actually do a show working for a leg towards a title. That's also what my trainer said about the matches, that you show twice, she said if your dog is off in the first one that you can correct her and use the second class as your go with out corrections, it just a great way to get used to the courses and such. What does UKC stand for?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts