Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We aren't competing tomorrow so bummed, but Friday and today he did really good
His T2B on Sat he missed the weaves and ran out of time... I went to grab him I didn't have his collar and he squealed I got yelled at... Bad me I didn't even grab him that hard, he is soft though...

His Standard Course on Friday he slipped off the Teeter (the 2nd obstacle in) and jumped back on himself so we got whistled off, though I was happy to see that he wasn't scared to get back on, even if I didn't tell him too...

Friday JWW course he ran beautifully and got 1st....
a0c99LtiAuU

Today He technically Triple Q'd (but T2B doesn't really count,(I don't think) so he got a Double Q :))

T2B

He Qualified with 3 pts (because of a band handler) and because he actually listened to me... I didn't want him to come to me I just wanted to turn him to me... I need to learn/teach a left and right...
FGSCAsTVPN0

JWW He got 3rd place again he actually listened to me and came when I just wanted his head... bad me.. Good him...
isUPMzskjpE

Std
1st Place beautiful run, I am so glad he stuck his Table (he almost fell off) he normally treats the Table like a trampoline and bounces on it lol
X6hiBQ5nXLk

He has 2 legs towards his NJ title and 1 leg toward his NA and 10 pt towards his T2B title

He was tired so I just did a quick photo
This is minus 1 blue ribbon, THEY RAN OUT LOL

I'll get more photo's up tomorrow or later tonight... I am just super happy right now I had to post!!!!!

Woot his second trial we are moving right along

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
Way to go Jonesy! CONGRATS!!!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Awesome Job!!!!!!!!!You did great.

On the T2B Jonsey followed your motion not your hand signal. (before he was commited) Happens to the green dogs, you have to babysit them a little more until they are seasoned. Same with JWW

Jonsey is very focused. You have a nice working agility dog.

Had to laugh about the doberman squeal. They really are big babies at times.:)

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Awesome Job!!!!!!!!!You did great.

On the T2B Jonsey followed your motion not your hand signal. (before he was commited) Happens to the green dogs, you have to babysit them a little more until they are seasoned. Same with JWW

Jonsey is very focused. You have a nice working agility dog.

Had to laugh about the doberman squeal. They really are big babies at times.:)
Thanks :) We are trying, I couldn't be more happy with my first Agility dog. We are both learning together

I don't think you can hear me, but I actually called him both times he missed the jumps.... I wanted to turn him towards me. The T2B I called him to early and the JWW I really wish he knew a left/right... I wanted his head... I didn't want him to come to me... Dang dogs when they listen to you lol.

His squeal was awful... OMG you would have though I beat him right there in the ring... When the AKC rep yelled at me the WHOLE arena went silent, and now it is a running joke... Because it is a local group, knowing most everyone there, and everyone knows Jonesy and his softness....

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Thanks :) We are trying, I couldn't be more happy with my first Agility dog. We are both learning together

I don't think you can hear me, but I actually called him both times he missed the jumps.... I wanted to turn him towards me. The T2B I called him to early and the JWW I really wish he knew a left/right... I wanted his head... I didn't want him to come to me... Dang dogs when they listen to you lol.

His squeal was awful... OMG you would have though I beat him right there in the ring... When the AKC rep yelled at me the WHOLE arena went silent, and now it is a running joke... Because it is a local group, knowing most everyone there, and everyone knows Jonesy and his softness....
No I didn`t have the sound on the computer I was using. (hubby disconncted it for some reason--I don`t really care because I have a laptop with sound.)

I want to mention that in my agility circle this is a phrase we use. Motion trumps everything. I know they should acknolwdege a call but when the dog commits, its a done deal.
I love your boy, he is awesome and will go far. His focus is greaaaaaaaaaat.!

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few photo's from this weekend.
This is an awesome photo... I honestly had no idea a dogs leg could bend like that

Got Air?

I got this

Love this one... Look at the drive out of the tunnel

Just because WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I didn`t have the sound on the computer I was using. (hubby disconncted it for some reason--I don`t really care because I have a laptop with sound.)

I want to mention that in my agility circle this is a phrase we use. Motion trumps everything. I know they should acknolwdege a call but when the dog commits, its a done deal.
I love your boy, he is awesome and will go far. His focus is greaaaaaaaaaat.!
I know I need to start trusting him... All we work in class is distance, distance, distance... but I get out to a trial and feel I need to call him everywhere... One day it will click.

But don't they also say, your first dog is the one that is always screwed up... Not their fault, but handler fault... lol

·
Registered
716 Posts
photo 1 amazes me...
photo 2 is pure perfection...
photo 3 he is smiling:D
and him comming out of the tunnel is fierce looking!!!
I love the ribbons he looks like a champion!!!
Boy, can you run fast too! Yap I saw the last sprint you did, Jonesy was in gear 6 to catch you!

By the way, how did those photos turn out so warm colored?
They are beautiful and from the videos it looked very grey in there!!!
Make sure you put them up in a frame!!!

P.S. I made Kira watch the videos, "This is what you will be able (Shh hopefully) to do when you grow up!"

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
By the way, how did those photos turn out so warm colored?
They are beautiful and from the videos it looked very grey in there!!!
Make sure you put them up in a frame!!!

P.S. I made Kira watch the videos, "This is what you will be able (Shh hopefully) to do when you grow up!"
These are pro photo's and you aren't allowed flash photography, so you would have to ask him exactly, but turning up the ISO and changing the White Balance helps

The info from one of the photo's
Camera: 5D
TV: 1/500
AV: 3.5
Eval Metering
ISO: 6400
Lens 70-200 2.8L
WB: Cloudy

1 - 20 of 38 Posts