Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Torque runs... a lot... I want to have him on a joint supplement just for preventative purposes. He is 2 years old, does it even make sense to put him on something? I don't need anything heavy duty, he has never shown any signs of lameness or being sore, but I don't want it to start. We are very active and he has 20 acres to play on. Anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive joint supplement? I am in process of trying to find a new job, as the one I have now does not really pay that much, so I can't afford to spend a lot but want the best for Torque.

Thanks!

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
The cheaper the JS, the less likely it will provide the necessary levels of glucosamine or chondroitin for your dog to reap the benefits.

I give Dasuquin with MSM (also recommended by a DT vet) :)

·
Super Moderator
21,988 Posts
Two years old seems a little young to add in a joint supplement. If your vet gives you the okay, I've also had good success with Dasuquin with MSM.

Reactions: Ahalvorsen

·
Registered
99 Posts
Glycoflex is a really good joint supplement. I just recently started using the Glycoflex III tablets for two of my older dogs, but I know quite a few Whippet people that have performance dogs that use the Gylcoflex II, and they start their dogs on it at a young age. Entirely Pets has the best price on it that we've found... GlycoFlex for Dog Arthritis Joint Supplements

Reactions: SARGE2008

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input!

The cheaper the JS, the less likely it will provide the necessary levels of glucosamine or chondroitin for your dog to reap the benefits.

I give Dasuquin with MSM (also recommended by a DT vet) :)
Yeah, I don't want "cheap," I know that that means not as good of quality. That's why I figured I ask others who have had success with using supplements instead of just standing in front of the supplements section at the pet store staring at them. *enney meeny miney moe!* HAHA!

As I said he doesn't have problems yet, so its just a preventative. If he ever developed a problem, it would be nothing but the best of the best! :)

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
I generally keep Lucky (Rat Terrier) on GlycoFlex II. I buy from KV Supply, good prices, and free shipping on most items with a $50 order.

Reactions: Ahalvorsen
1 - 11 of 11 Posts