Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
We just got scammed by this lady please contact us she is on Samson Alabama
Hello- So sorry to hear this. I just found her on marketplace AKC the other day and so I started my research on her European Dobermans.....and then stumbled on this site!! Ugh......I thought I had found a good breeder in her and now I am seeing this :( Can you share how she scammed you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doberman

I just bought a dog from them and I do have information. Feel free to email me at [email protected].

I didn't read all of these emails and all of this information. So far it is according to plan but some of these emails do make sense.
Can you share some info. on Marcia please? I just started doing my research on her after finding her on marketplace but am now having doubts. Please let me know. Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Hello- So sorry to hear this. I just found her on marketplace AKC the other day and so I started my research on her European Dobermans.....and then stumbled on this site!! Ugh......I thought I had found a good breeder in her and now I am seeing this :( Can you share how she scammed you?
I took 2 seconds to look at the first couple of posts in this thread, and she seems prone to taking money and vanishing. Where are you located? Maybe we can help you find a better breeder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took 2 seconds to look at the first couple of posts in this thread, and she seems prone to taking money and vanishing. Where are you located? Maybe we can help you find a better breeder.
Thank you for replying. I am in FL but will drive several states for a great quality dog. When I have spoken with her, she told me it is cash only in-person when picking up the puppy- so sounds like she changed her policies??! ....but that was the last I heard. Yes please, I would love your recommendation of some European breeders with large Dobe's that are DCM 1 and DCM 2 clear (sadly I know there are no guarantees even if they test clear). thanks so much :)

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,257 Posts
You'd do much better to require that both parents had clear Holter's and Cardiograms within the last year before breeding. Good results on those tests mean a lot more than theDCM1 and DCM2 genetic tests. The gene tests are really only of academic value--dogs can be positive for one or both and never develop DCM; and they can be negative and still develop the disease. There are apparently a number of genes involved and we just don't know enough about how it is passed down to have developed an even remotely definitive gene test.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts