Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the last tear jerker I'll post for a week, I swear....

I ran across a thread today on another board that got my attention about the fur trade in China and JCrew. PETA's website boasts a very disturbing and very graphic video, illustrating how the fur exported from China is obtained. Not for the faint of heart. I have to add real quick that I'm not a huge fan of PETA but I have used their website and publications in the past for research in a few Enviromental classes that I've taken...

http://www.peta.org

I urge you all to consider signing the petition and maybe even writing to JCrew. I know I love their stuff and am just sick about this if what PETA is saying is true...

·
Registered
281 Posts
ive seen that video before and i cant bring myself to watch it again..its unbelievably cruel and sad. when i watched it the first time i couldnt stop crying..cruelty of any kind deserves severe punishment to the abusers.

I watched a programme about the meat trade for human consumption. I know we eat these animals but there i no need to treat them so inhumanely before they die.

Have any of you seen the video about the sheep?

Its the look in those animals eyes that makes my heart break:sadcry:

·
Registered
421 Posts
If it is the video were they are beating the racoon looking things they made that on purpose to get people mad. Thats what makes me sick. Peta is crap and anyhting they touch turns to crap too. Email jcrew and ask them not to wear fur but don't view petas videos,it just inflates their ego.you have to remember that no one selling fur is going to want to beat it,it ruins the fur. Some places may but thats why you research were the fur comes from. Us fur is regulated yet peta attacks them to and then complains about the overseas stuff.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
joce said:
If it is the video were they are beating the racoon looking things they made that on purpose to get people mad. Thats what makes me sick. Peta is crap and anyhting they touch turns to crap too. Email jcrew and ask them not to wear fur but don't view petas videos,it just inflates their ego.you have to remember that no one selling fur is going to want to beat it,it ruins the fur. Some places may but thats why you research were the fur comes from. Us fur is regulated yet peta attacks them to and then complains about the overseas stuff.
Joce,
I know of that video and you're right, it's crap... This video is of wire cages literally packed with dog and cats (some of the dogs still wearing collars and tags) being dropped off of the trucks they were brought to the warehouse on. It also shows a cat being skinned, the bodies and ultimately the pelts of the animals; most obvious here is a GSD pelt :-(

·
Registered
416 Posts
I finally looked at this site and what hurts me the most in the last video the sick and dying u can hear dogs barking and whining in the backround. I think I hear other animals but I'm not sure what they are.

·
Registered
281 Posts
TracyJo said:
Joce,
I know of that video and you're right, it's crap... This video is of wire cages literally packed with dog and cats (some of the dogs still wearing collars and tags) being dropped off of the trucks they were brought to the warehouse on. It also shows a cat being skinned, the bodies and ultimately the pelts of the animals; most obvious here is a GSD pelt :-(

what strikes me the most about it why the hell would someone want a GSD pelt and a cats ..i may be naive but i didnt realise there was a market for domestic animals fur i thought it was mainly wild animals etc bred in captivity in mass numbers or caught in the wild.. what one earth do they make out of a GSD pelt..do they pass it off as another type of fur/pelt?:sadcry:

·
Registered
421 Posts
They go to those little fur covered figurenes you find in cheap novelty shops and flea marketts. Most fur we would buy is treated very well because you cna't have breaks in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts