Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have one heck of a pup.

Jazz is SO assertive. she has a dominate personality and is generally a little S**** but I love her.

She actually was puoutin when I gave her crap for chewing on the table. Little brat. She's one who pushes her boundaries allready.

Her and Emma are best friends though.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
Chico did that. The first day I brought him home, he wanted to keep biting me. And when I said "no" in a stern voice, he just looked at me like "yeah right" and insisted on biting me. So I said "no" again, and he got in my face and started barking, because he was mad that I was trying to "discipline" him. He had some serious anger issues with me as a puppy because he hated having to listen to me, just like a child, lol.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Dobes are a dominant breed, we all know that. It's just surprising when our cute little pup with oversized paws and a fez suddenly asserts itself and acts like a delinquent! I've been told that the bitter apple spray applied to furniture helps stop chewing, but picking up face cloths by the dozen, dampening them and keeping them in a freezer bag in the freezer for puppy to chew on might help as well. Whatever you do, do not buy toys that look like shoes or purses, because you know what their next 'project' will be!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
She sounds so cute. I know the chewing on wood issue. I was watching TV one day and Doodle was literally standing there staring at me chewing on my entertainment center. I new it was time for a fix then. I tried bitter apple, but unfortunately, everything that I would spray, they would lick to death. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh the Bad Dog.. My coffee table has chew makes from Gypsy and Iris.. My 1920 dining room chairs have them from Raven! Tried Bitter everything not much help sometimes!! but hey I tried!!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Rommel LIKES the bitter apple spray. I took a hot pepper, cut it in half, and ran the inside (juicy part) over the edges of all the furniture. He hasnt touched it since, but he is still a flip flop theif!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess never had a problem with chewing...when she was a puppy (the first day we brought her home) she picked up a show by the laces and we immedietly said "NO!" she dropped it and we gave her a toy lol and she never tried since lol. The only thing she liked to rip up is paper

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Da'Kari loves to chew on anything that is cloth but never has chewed on any of my furniture. She destroys shoes and socks and loves paper too, she chewed up my son's SS card and his birth certificate, we have to make sure anything important is out of her reach.

Nash on the other hand, I have caught him chewing on my bed and I also told him a stern "no" and he stopped but I have to watch him to make sure he doesn't do it again. He will walk by a shoe and pay it no mind.

Funny how they are so different.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
They are all so different. Harmony never took to wood, but loved to chew on my cast iron bed rails. Never understood that. I would be sleeping and hear the vibrations from her nawing. I heard to try peppers and attempted that once. They loved to lick that also. Almost immediately as I was spraying, they were licking. Tried the hottest peppers. Thought they would burn their tongues out. I didn't try that again though. I didn't figure that would be the best for them :) Asher tried to chew once though on my slipper and told him sternly "No". Never chewed on anything again. Just destroys his stuffed toys now. But that is better than furniture.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts