Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have to post here my baby Jazz has an reg name now

:3dbiggrin :dancing_b
Drum Roll Please

:clap2:

Liberty's Surfer Girl

Not be comfised with the Liberty Dobermans in the US.

What do you guys think?

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Is this http://www.libertycanine.com/ the liberty you are talking about?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I would maybe change that to LIBERTY (no S) Surfer Girl, or Surfer Girl Liberty. Unless of course, your dog was from one of their breedings. Just my opinion, hope to see some pics soon. :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I went on that site. Is it just me or is there something wrong with that dogs (Agir) chest. It is very pointy looking and no forechest. Im not trying to be mean or anything, just wondering. :)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Okie-dobie said:
I went on that site. Is it just me or is there something wrong with that dogs (Agir) chest. It is very pointy looking and no forechest. Im not trying to be mean or anything, just wondering. :)
That's because his entire front assembly is moved too far forward..a very common fault, but usually not as extreme as it is on Agir.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Yes. Looks like someone kicked him from the front and pushed everything back a notch or two!!...verrrry strange

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Oh, I thought like I said in my last post it looks like its to far back...I will go look again.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
His neck looks a little funky also...

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
TracyJo said:
Doesn't the breeder that you're working with want his kennel name attached to her name?
Liberty is a very common kennel name..especially here in the US where kennel names aren't automatically registered to one specific breeder.

A lady named Carla McGovern has been using Liberty for at least 10 years, I believe she's in the Pacific NW somewhere. There's also an albino breeder in the Sacramento area using it as a kennel name. And evidently Butch Henderson uses it as well-he has working dogs. Makes for a pretty confusing situation..and personally, I'd STOP using that name since it's now been linked with albino breeding.

I think the breeder that's producing this puppy is in Canada, and is also using Liberty as a kennel name.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Well the kennel is not on the DPCC under breeders nor is it in the Dogs of Canada mag. Maybe JennSLK could tell us where they are??

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Okie-dobie said:
Well the kennel is not on the DPCC under breeders nor is it in the Dogs of Canada mag. Maybe JennSLK could tell us where they are??
Maybe they don't belong to the DPCC? I don't know how it works with the DPCC, but with the DPCA, breeders aren't automatically listed in the breeder's directory. You send in an application and pay your money to be included there..

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Yes I realize that, I was just saying they were not listed in either place. Some are listed in one but not the other.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He is in Calgary. No he is not a member of the DPCC yet.

It is not Liberty Dobermans of the US. When he Reg his kennel name with the CKC Liberty was like his 9th choice and he didnt realise that there was an Albino dobe breeder with the same name.

Liberty has to be in the front of the name.

He doesnt advertise in the Dogs In Canada publication.

I dont know about changing the name. Its not my kennel so I cant really say anything. He is VERY against breeding albinos though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.