Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Aggressive Female
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some pictures of our French Ring training.
Jaguar is coming along very nicely, and we couldn't be happier with him.

He is a whopping 70.5lbs at 7 months- STOP GROWING. lol.
I'll have to get another picture of him and Elsa together- because he is bigger than her now!

He is such a pretty boy too, we might even dabble in some UKC stuff just for fun!

He is a total doberman for sure! we love him!

I have a couple pics from a few weeks ago:

and these were taken this past Sunday:

attack!

and his basket is coming along VERY nicely!

not a good idea pal!

I warned you

thanks for looking! :thanx:

·
Got mutt?
13,828 Posts
I swear he's saying "Oh yummy! I love the taste of bite suit!"

Reactions: lemon

·
Aggressive Female
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh boy, he's a ladykiller for sure ;)

70 pounds already! They sure grow up fast. How tall is he?

Excuse my ignorance, what is the basket for?
I dont know how tall he is actually... maybe I'll measure him tomorrow- probably the same as Elsa or a 1/2 inch taller.

The basket, or "object guard" is an exercise in French Ring. The dog has to guard the basket from the decoy while the handler is out of sight. The dog needs to be trained when exactly to bite (when the decoy is within one meter of the basket... the farther away he leaves the basket to bite, the more points he loses). The decoy's task is to take the basket... to lure him off it or get so close as to take it from the dog. When the dog bites, the decoy must freeze and the dog release the bite within 5 seconds or points are deducted. Then the decoy walks away and begins the exercise again for another attempt... there are three attempts at stealing the basket.

it is the hardest exercise for people to train and dogs to learn because it requires them to think independently without their handler...

Here is a video of a decoy doing an object guard at the French Cup in 2010:

5tOE8x1mCCs

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Great pictures and video!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Very nice looking boy. Nice to see videos that show the end results.

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
Neat videos, Kara! Am I understanding your description correctly that the dog in the first video would have lost points for not releasing quickly enough?

This was awesome to watch. Oh, and Jaguar is looking great!

·
Aggressive Female
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Neat videos, Kara! Am I understanding your description correctly that the dog in the first video would have lost points for not releasing quickly enough?

This was awesome to watch. Oh, and Jaguar is looking great!
yes! and for biting when the decoy was more than a meter a way. fun to watch, uh!? so interesting.

·
Registered
463 Posts
He is turning out very nice.. what a handsome boy!!!

At our Canine good neighbour test this past weekend in Toronto, On... There was a 7 month Landgraf male there, I didn't catch his name though... Perhaps this is his littermate? I would assume lol:p

·
Aggressive Female
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He is turning out very nice.. what a handsome boy!!!

At our Canine good neighbour test this past weekend in Toronto, On... There was a 7 month Landgraf male there, I didn't catch his name though... Perhaps this is his littermate? I would assume lol:p

yes it is.. that is Jaeger, his brother!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts