Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning guys! I just made jacks appointment to get him fixed.. the 28th is the big day hehe.:fireworks

·
Registered
953 Posts
YAY!! :D Bruno needs to head that way soon too. I noticed he's starting to mark his territory :/ Now I dunno if that's a sign to get them in ASAP. But it's enough to want me to get him fixed ASAP lol. He will go in May or June sometime.

He see's the vet on the 27th of this month to check up on his mange. Looks alot better to me. Hopefully the vet thinks so and this med is working.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i waited til my cocker started lifting his leg.. then it became a paint in the butt so i had him fixed and decided i wasnt gonna wait til jack start lifting his.. :) and im hoping it might calm him down a bit.. hes been nagging on my cocker alot latley, but we will see! heh

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah I was told to wait till they lift their leg. But I don't think I can wait that long lol. If he's gonna be a squater forever. So be it LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
Male dogs can be neutered as soon as their testicles have decended. In other words: when they have 2 to dangle, its time! LOL

Sharen

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
2Dobemom said:
Male dogs can be neutered as soon as their testicles have decended. In other words: when they have 2 to dangle, its time! LOL

Sharen
Well everybody knows it takes two to dangle(i think thats how the saying goes anyhoo)or was it two to tango i can't remember,it's my age you know

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java will be spayed in August - breeder asked that I wait until she has her first heat cycle and we're just about at the end of it. Just wish they could have their 'tubes tied' instead of full hysterectomy...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ive not ever owned a male puppy before. When we get to pick our pup from the next litter, Im not sure what I will end up getting. So my question is this..
Is it better to wait until they start to lift their leg to pee then get them fixed? Is it better for their "filling out" stage if you dont get them fixed right away? Do the males end up being more muscular and filled out when they grow up if they get that testosterone?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm in not sure how to awnser that.. cause Jack will be my first "dog" to be fixed before lifting his leg.. but either way once they are fixed they usually dont have that urge to mark in the house.. just outside! As far as them growing i dont think it would have any affect. but im also not an expert on that part either lol.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Spirit is intact and he has NEVER MARKED in the house.. now he does Mark the girls once in a while.. he is so in a hurry to mark where they peed that he does not wait for them to finish it is funny to see the girl peeing and moving at the same time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts