Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Saph slept in the bed until she was 5ish then she forgot who the bed belonged to and kept pushing me further and further over so she got the boot! LOL
She sleeps in a crate directly beside my bed with NO issues. if i have a nap she can sleep on the bed with me.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Do what I did and get a bigger bed! Haha, I managed to sleep in a twin with two to three dogs (2 big, one small) for years, I get ONE doberman and needed a queen......and I still don't get most of the space! :rolleyesww:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Diesel is the same way however he's learned to put all four paws on mom and then push so I end up on the very edge. We need a bigger bed for sure haha or he needs to go back to sleeping on his back like a person haha thats how he started out sleeping but clearly the prince needs more room.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Diesel is the same way however he's learned to put all four paws on mom and then push so I end up on the very edge. We need a bigger bed for sure haha or he needs to go back to sleeping on his back like a person haha thats how he started out sleeping but clearly the prince needs more room.
She does the opposite.. she digs her bony little back into my back, pushes against the bed and literally tries to melt into me. Doberlean on the next level, haha its crazy uncomfortable.

We're shopping for a king size bed.. all thanks to the little princess :rolleyesww:

Reactions: kwhite30

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Ditto to what Melbrod said. Also, consider bigger furniture.

I just bought a new sectional sofa so BF and I would have room to relax as well. And I'm preparing to buy a king size bed too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Lol! Oh it will work! Trust me. Just veryyyy uncomfortably. I have tried time and time again to kick Hux out of my bed, but I always give in on the second or third night. She's a cuddle bug. Especially when the boyfriend is away. She is endlessly spoiled.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Oh, it works (with varying success, apparently!)

For Elka, we have a "move" cue, and she typically waits for one of us to lay down and then curls under the blanket against us.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I like the idea of a dog sleeping on my bed, but when it comes down to it, I just get tired of all the dirty paw prints.

Years ago, one of my dogs peed on my bed, and he was full grown and housebroken...that was the end of dogs sleeping on my bed.
Meeeee too! The idea is cute, but I am a clean freak and I don't like the idea of dober hair in my bed. Not to mention the GAS that Gunner has in his sleep :lol2: He is welcome on the couch and other furniture, but the bed is mine ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
we have just had a week away in Scotlane, we took the dogs bed with us as we have 2 dobies placed in the spare bedroom, they were having none of it jumped on with me and hubby, our girl kicked my hubby litteraly out of bed ha, he spent rest of week there OMG but had the best weeks sleep ever.
got home and they went back to there on bed ahhhhhhhhhhhhh do miss the cuddles though so cute

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
Elke plops herself smack in the middle of the bed on top of my legs and curls up. Then she gradually stretches out pushing against me with her back until I'm hanging on to the very edge...

Right now she is relearning that she is not entitled to be on the bed whenever she wants, she has to get permission. So she is sleeping in her crate and we both sleep better. I'm also in the market for a king size (my queen bed is just about dead which makes it even harder to sleep well with 75 extra lbs of dog in the middle of the bed with me) so when she comes back to bed with me again there will be a little more room. I'm sure she'll still be a bed hog though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts