·
my pack
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi.. my last thread here is about my dobes suspected bloat
here is my last thread and the people who are kind to help me and give advice
http://www.dobermantalk.com/doberman-health/66087-suspected-bloat.html
thank you!!

but the thing is.. its fortunate that its not bloat but my dob-mix, jacob is still have a hard time breathing, and he have this green like slime running down his nose.. Last night he is lifting his head high up in the ceiling while breathing hard.. I though its heatstroke so i try to cool him down which helps him a little. I let him sleep beside me that nigh so i can observe him more..
as of today he still can't breath easily and his heart rate are fast and there's a strange gurgling noise in his chest. What can this be? please help me.. Vet clinics here are closed because of the holiday season.. what can i do??

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
It sounds like it could be a respiratory infection, but I am no expert by any means. Is there no emergency vet available? Or could you try an equine vet?

·
my pack
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like it could be a respiratory infection, but I am no expert by any means. Is there no emergency vet available? Or could you try an equine vet?
no, im sorry we do not have many good vets in here and those few ones are closed as of today..

No equine vet as well.. gosh!! i'm worried about him now.. We have a hot summer days and he is panting really hard this minute..

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
i would try to fings a vet... sounds respiratory . maybe Pheumonia

·
my pack
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my dobe definitely have respiratory infection.. I scheduled a vet visit this coming Monday.. I hope my boy could hang on until then..

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Sounds like an upper respiratory infection. When our boys had Kennel Cough they had that thick green discharge from their noses. Does he cough?

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Holding head back like that is usually heart related :( He could very well have pneumonia/ resp infection on top of heart disease. You should go as soon as you can to anywhere! He needs oxygen if he is having difficulty breathing and holding his head back GOOD LUCK, im sorry

·
my pack
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like an upper respiratory infection. When our boys had Kennel Cough they had that thick green discharge from their noses. Does he cough?
does your boys' discharge smells foul? mine does.. he is breathing really hard now.. Gosh! my other dogs never had this kind of illness before. as for the cough, i haven't heard him cough this past 3 days that i noticed his situation, although he sneezed once in a while..

·
my pack
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holding head back like that is usually heart related :( He could very well have pneumonia/ resp infection on top of heart disease. You should go as soon as you can to anywhere! He needs oxygen if he is having difficulty breathing and holding his head back GOOD LUCK, im sorry
hi.. thanks for youe concern.. I hope he will hang on till monday..:cry:
I hope its not heart related.He is a very active boy and seeing him in this lethargic state breaks my heart.. Its fortunate that he is still eating and drinking. His labored breathing seems to increase at night..

·
my pack
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news!! my boy seems to be okay and holding on his own now.. His breathlessness decrease and the strange gurgling sound in his chest lessen. God he gave me the scare of my life.. Hope he is on his way to recovery..Thank God for that!:D

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Good news!! my boy seems to be okay and holding on his own now.. His breathlessness decrease and the strange gurgling sound in his chest lessen. God he gave me the scare of my life.. Hope he is on his way to recovery..Thank God for that!:D
Please for his sake make sure he's checked by a vet.........my prayers are with you and your dog. Also read some things you can do from home to make his life alittle bit easier...........ask the vet for suggestions. Keep us posted on his condition................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts