Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And its been absolutely amazing!

Mako has had her first birthday back in November and we celebrated by taking her to one of her favorite hiking trails! Or at least I like to think its a favorite since she has so much fun there with her siblings. In the year that she has been with us, I've learned that she doesn't like sweet potato but loves cucumbers and lettuce (so much so that she steals the lettuce off my sandwich). Like her namesake, she absolutely LOVES the water. I live by a lake and I swear I have to keep the windows closed while driving pass there so she doesn't try and run towards the water. She's made so many new friends and has gone with her papa (my boyfriend) to work where she got named "Employee of the Month". Not sure how I feel about that one considering now all my dogs have been named "Employee of the Month" there.......

Going back to the water topic, Mako will definitely try dock diving but I have a feeling she's going to do fantastic. She has no fear of diving off the docks at the lake near me and just loves being in the water. So much so that I'm the only one going, "Dude, you've been in the water for long enough, lets go home!"

She's such a quick learner and even has learned to recognize when my blood pressure goes up and starts trying to cuddle me. Mako brought me a few toys once but she knows cuddles are much better. Though, if I'm sitting on the couch, her go to cuddle move is to nose dive into my neck and then collapse her body on top of mine so she's smothering me with her love.

Mako absolutely loves her siblings, Athena and Kenai, and the three of them have become such a cute little pack. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with the little shark in my life so a HUGE thanks to Pat and Shadeko for allowing me to have this sweet shark!

Now looking forward to the adventures to come......and to hopefully eat a sandwich without Mako stealing my lettuce.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Collar Fawn

Attachments

· Registered
29 Posts
Looks like you have a pretty amazing little shark on your hands, Yuki. Congrats with thriving and not just surviving year one!

If she's always racking up employee of the month awards, maybe a fake gold collar with "Director of TCB" on it is in order. (TCB - takin' care of business)

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you have a pretty amazing little shark on your hands, Yuki. Congrats with thriving and not just surviving year one!

If she's always racking up employee of the month awards, maybe a fake gold collar with "Director of TCB" on it is in order. (TCB - takin' care of business)
oh that’s tempting but if there was someone who woild rock that collar, it would be her sister Athena! After all, she is the one that taught the shark the ways of the diva! Maybe I can convince the boyfriend to get two for the girls!!!

Beautiful girl!
thank you!!!

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Boy, she's really grown since the last time I saw her. I guess that's not surprising considering she was just a little tyke then.

She's such a nice-looking young lady.
I know!! It’s crazy looking back at the pictures and going, where’d that little girl go? Now, she’s out with her brother defending my backyard from the squirrels!

They grow so fast and before you know it, you wonder where the puppy went. Looking great.
She grew up too quickly for my taste!

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Bad Yuki need to move pictures to her computer but I will be sharing more pics! Hoping to get more today since we got some fresh snow!

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vertebrate Sky

We met up with some friends to have a playdate! As we all can see, there was much excitement.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Fawn

She makes it easy to practice my photography
Dog Sky Cloud Carnivore Fawn

Also, brothers make the best agility equipment

Reactions: melbrod
1 - 13 of 13 Posts