Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,736 Posts
Capgang if you are looking for evaluations--remember the first page with your puppy bitch's picture--if you can get a shot of her (or the male puppy if you want) standing four square and with some getting her attention some of us might comment but a cute newly cropped puppy being held by someone or a puppy just standing front on is pretty hard to give any comment on.

As far the foot picture goes--yes, nice feet--that's what the standard calls for; a cat foot, and that means a round foot, toes tight together with depth of the foot too and a nice thick pad.

dobebug

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Capgang if you are looking for evaluations--remember the first page with your puppy bitch's picture--if you can get a shot of her (or the male puppy if you want) standing four square and with some getting her attention some of us might comment but a cute newly cropped puppy being held by someone or a puppy just standing front on is pretty hard to give any comment on.

As far the foot picture goes--yes, nice feet--that's what the standard calls for; a cat foot, and that means a round foot, toes tight together with depth of the food too and a nice thick pad.

dobebug
Thanks and I’ll be sure to get you a shot, or her as well as I’m am able and honestly all opinions matter especially experienced opinions. I’m a student 1st pleased to have my foot in the door in such small a community and I will listen!

·
Premium Member
12,736 Posts
If this is your puppy bitch she is somewhat overangulated in the rear right now--but most baby puppies are --she'll probably grow into it--nice bend of stifle and angle the hock and good feet in the rear. If her tail was up she very likely has a nice rear--looks solid and I'm guessing that the tail set is good. Practice playing with her tail so you can tickle it up easily. If you want some handling tips go to the DPCA and look for Michelle Santana's handling tips--it used to be called Reindeer games but I think she rewrote it when they included it in a section about training or something along those lines. But she has some really good tips on how to teach puppies how to do things that will be helpful in making them look their best in the ring.

dobebug

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I figured out who your breeder is, was this an "oops" litter? It looked like the dam was still having her ears posted when the litter was born.
No sir but I’ve heard about a one of those happening recently but honestly not mine and now that I have her with me i maybe ready to share that information. That’s a male dog in the picture it’s her sire.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
No sir but I’ve heard about a one of those happening recently but honestly not mine and now that I have her with me i maybe ready to share that information. That’s a male dog in the picture it’s her sire.
So she's not from Iris Snyder's female who just had a litter of like 11 puppies or something that are about 9 weeks old?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So she's not from Iris Snyder's female who just had a litter of like 11 puppies or something that are about 9 weeks old?
Not actually… but you’re very close she is from another breeder that’s really close and in this litter there was only five pups and I have the pick of the litter. That is Iris Snyder yes, but she’s not the breeder.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I think I figured out who your breeder is, was this an "oops" litter? It looked like the dam was still having her ears posted when the litter was born.
The dam of this puppy is 4 years old.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts