Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - she has colon cancer too. Can't remember the name of it. It was most likely a pollyp that is in the process of turning into cancer. The whole mass they removed was part normal part was cancer. The options I have at this moment in time are to - a) leave it alone & have it monitored by the vet with rectal exams, b) surgery to remove the possible 10% of the mass that might be left. Also they want to see what dr hershey thinks (the oncologist) Isabelle has an appt for next wed the 18th. At this point in time I am inclined to just leave it and have it monitored. Obviously I will wait to make a final decision until after I see dr hershey. The thought of puttin her through any more surgery makes me cringe. Poor creature. I am now off to the vets to pick up meds for her upset tummy. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
I don't even know what to say....other then my heart goes out to you both. Cancer sucks.

Hugs to you both.

Love,
Carol & Petey
oxoxoxoxoxox

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
Oh well that is really sucky news! I am so sorry to hear that it is more cancer. What a hard decision for you. I think you have to do what works best for you. Either way, it is hard and my heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Very sorry to hear that. Only you will know what you need to do for you both. Positive thoughts for you both.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sending you hugs and warm thoughts. See what the oncologist says and then weigh out your options. You will make the right decision for Isabelle.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Oh I was so sure the tests would come back good since she has been through so much already :(

Big hugs & prayers............I am sure your decision will be the right one for her, because you make it out of love.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Well damn, that just sucks Jenny...I don't know what to tell you, I'm sure you're just devastated. I was hoping for much better news and was waiting anxioiusly for your post. All I can say is that I am very sorry to hear the bad news about Isabelle. Weigh all your options carefully and write down the questions you might have for the onocologist so you don't forget any.
Again, I am so very sorry.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Awww please give her a hug from me and duch. That is a tough decision and let us know what the other dr. says.
@-->--

·
Registered
696 Posts
Poor baby...If I had one wish it would be a cure for this horrible disease!
God bless you both.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Sorry to hear of these results. Poor girl and you. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for everything - it has been a rough day to say the least. You'd never know that she is sick. Still bouncy & playful. Got some meds from the vet for the upset tummy issue. I'll know more on the 18th. When I went to pick up the meds, the one vet tech - I can never remember her name - said she'd probablly leave well enough alone as far as her colon is concerned and so far that seems to be the consensus and the way I am leaning until I learn more from the oncologist.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Oh geez...my heart goes out to dear Isabelle. Jenny, you've gone above and beyond in her care and I'm sure Isabelle knows you've always done everything within your power for her. You'll be in my thoughts, as well.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
So sorry Jenny, I hope Isabelle is feeling better. And know that we are here for ya.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts