Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - the 8th shot was given today & as far as the melanoma is concerned she is doing very well. We have one more shot at the end of the month. As far as "boosters" for the melanoma are concerned the vet is going to discuss it with the Univ of Wisconsin and she may not need anymore! Other possible options for booster are one every 6 months or once a year. Now for the crappy part :( . . .it seems as though the spot in her colon is growing. We are not sure if it is the cancer, but most likely it is. We can't really do much of anything about it until she is done with her shots. So I can either do nothing and watch it, give her a medicine (pills) that I can't for the life of me remember what the name is and watch it or operate. She is still eating her Chinese herbs too. So far I am leaning toward the pills. She had a hard recovery from her colonoscopy (march)- I just don't want to put her though anymore major surgeries. There is also a small chance with surgery that she'd loose control of her bowels which I don't think she could deal with. Also there are all the other risks assocaited with surgery. She is 7 & 1/2 years old too. I will talk more with Dr. Hershey at the end of the month and have to make a decision then. My DH is dead set against any more surgery for her so I am not sure I could sneak that one by him :) I will keep you all posted. All & all she is in great spirits and you'd never know that she has two kinds of cancer. She is still her silly dobe self. So if you all could keep us in your thoughts & prayers Isabelle & I would appreciate it.
1 - 1 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.