Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dobie loves to lean on me. Is that a dobie thing, or just mine?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL ok, I always wondered that! She is 8 1/2 and has always done it!

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I was washing dishes and she lays at my feet right in front of the sink..........
In bed she has to be touching me either her paws or her butt ...:)
When we sit in the chair she is laying on me..............so yes they have to be touching you...............:)

·
The DogFather
377 Posts
Example 1 When we play with the chuck-it at home, I make atlas come over and sit before I throw the ball again and usually have to step back as he sits because he will back up to me and sit on my feet.

Example 2. Today I sold my pop up camper on Craigslist. when we went inside to do paperwork, I introduced him to atlas and the whole time we were inside, atlas had his head glued to the guys thigh.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Jack is not a leaner, but our previous guy was. Once he decided people were okay, Fred would do his leaning thing -- and melt hearts. I miss it tremendously.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Elza is a leaner too!
She's my first dog so how are other breeds?
^^^^ other breeds can't be any more velco, than a dober.
- and many breeds, less needy of 24/7 human contact...my quess

A few times, I was sitting on the steps, in the front door hallway...going to put my shoes on.
Amy comes over, and wants to get even closer to me...so she sits between my legs and plunks her bum down on the lowest step...backs up right to me.
It was like she was sitting in a small kids chair (created from the step) / it was so funny, how she decided to get even a few more inches closer to me.

Once doing therapy work (in a nursing home):
Older lady said, "why is Amy sitting on my foot"...while she was in a lazyboy chair.
My first reaction was, "is she hurting you"...and the answer was clearly no.
So I told the nice lady, Amy loves you & don't want you to get up and leave her side.
The lady laughed, and said "Amy can sit on my foot, anytime she wants to"...He-He.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
HUGE Dobe trait. Both of ours regularly get their "gangsta' lean" on. Arkus sometimes just hops his booty on the couch and looks around as if to say "You know what to do - get busy".

Nissa just backs her booty into you, leans in, and flips her head around as if to say "Well, whadd'ya waiting for?"

One of the MANY things I love about this breed. They are so dedicated and loyal, and just want to be near their humans, at.all.times.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
My dogs are both leaners, but I don't let them be pushy about it. Ripley can nearly knock somebody over with as hard as he sometimes tries to lean. Keira's gentle about it and just kind of rests her body gently against you, rather than push into you like Ripley can.

Most large dogs I've met and owned have been leaners, though. So it's not just a Dobe thing. My Rottweilers all did it, all of the Danes I know do, most of the Dobermans I know do, the few Labs I've met/known do, etc. It is a commonly known as a Doberman trait, but they're definitely not the only breed.

Prime is actually more of a horseshoe-r than a leaner..

This is so Ripley! He does that constantly.

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ruger is a leaner also. He also sits on my lap. He backs up to me, lifts one of his back legs and plops down on my lap. My last dobe did this too. Everyone laughs when he does this I should try to get a picture is it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts