Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

here is a pic of Mika just got her yesterday, she is 8 weeks old and her eyes seem weird can someone tell me if her eyes are normal?

Thanks a lot

Denis

Attachments

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
her haws are quite visible.

some dogs have higher ones than other, the no pigment makes them look a bit 'odd'.

sometimes raised haws can be a sign of tiredness, illness, parasites. etc.

or just hereditary.

Hugz to Mika!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have e-mailed her tonight still waiting. If it is hard to tell by the pic then I guess thet little membrane on the eye should be there? It has to move down when she gets older.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

some dogs have higher ones than other, the no pigment makes them look a bit 'odd'.

or just hereditary.

Hugz to Mika!
Thanks does it make her see less?

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
so the light blueish area in the eye is the 3rd eyelid? Are haws when the 3rd eyelid doesn't retract?

or just hereditary.

Hugz to Mika!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've seen this on several Danes and it doesn't effect the dog's eyesight in my experience, but don't expect them to go down. They will probably always look like that.

·
In training
1,263 Posts
I remember when we wanted a Boxer reading about puppies with light or dark haws. Maybe in some breeds it is more pronounced?

Anyhoo, cute puppers. Welcome to the board! Please stick around as this place is a wealth of information. :)

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,577 Posts
Wow she is cute!! :butfly:

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Did you have this puppy shipped to you?

From your picture, I would not consider that the appearance of normal healthy puppy eyes.

Your new pup will need a vet check ASAP anyway, make sure you address this question with a good dog doc when you go in.

Reactions: Okie-dobie

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you know if the breeder had a CERF exam completed on the sire?
don't know, gess they should not have used daddy to breed. I have her now so I will keep her but I am screwed because I wanted to have a litter when my male would be older to somehow keep a part of him with me when he passes.
Some people...

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
don't know, gess they should not have used daddy to breed. I have her now so I will keep her but I am screwed because I wanted to have a litter when my male would be older to somehow keep a part of him with me when he passes.
Some people...
Uh yeah, some people...

Please don't breed your male. Your puppy's eyes are the least of your concerns if you plan on breeding...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Some people...
S'il vous plaît ne se reproduisent pas votre mâle! Juste avoir à la fois de vos animaux stérilisation / stérilisés et laisser vivre une vie normale et heureuse!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts