Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 7 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
6,739 Posts
AGF, welcome to DT! I can't imagine some SOB dumping that poor puppy in the wild! Thanks for taking him in.

Wow, you've got a hard decision to make there... Adding a Doberman to your family is like adding another child, except one that is very needy, with ADHD, grows to 80+ lbs. before you know it and demands constant attention, plus stays this way for entire life! How does you new Dobe act around your children now? Also you hinted about the weather outside, please know that Dobes are people dogs and shouldn't kept out of the house in yard, must be their humans inside or they might develop personality problems.

If you didn't have the infant 1 y/o, I would say yes to keeping him. But I think for the puppy's sake, might be better to contact a Doberman breed rescue to get him adopted out. Picking up a stray like that could bring along problems. He might've been dumped because the original owners couldn't handle him or he might have a temperament problem? A Doberman rescue would be able to professioinally evaluate that. Possibly you could foster him for a while to see how it works out? :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts