Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought Tank after looking for a little over a month knowing very little about BYB's. I found J&K Land and Livestock in Paul Idaho, They seemed good so i bought from them. Anyways has anyone bought from them or know much about them? The Sire was Hamlyns Southern Comfort and the Dam was JK by Golly Miss Molly. Tank got a clean bill of health from the Vet and is a great fit to our family.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
If your happy with your puppy than I suggest that you research what makes a breeder reputable or not and learn from that, if you have stuff to learn. It's silly to ask about your breeder if you already have the puppy. People who ask and get the responses that they weren't expecting generally aren't happy about it. That being said, I've never heard of this breeder and couldn't find anything about J&K Land and Livestock dobermans through a quick google search.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do love him to death and he's perfect, i was only wondering because now my wife wants a little red girl for her

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
You've had a doberman puppy for over a month and you want another ball of furry crazy?!
I think you're insane, lol

I would suggest waiting until your current puppy has grown some and matured. Personalities can change a lot as they mature and getting pups so close together is very tough including the risk of littermate syndrome, which can turn quite nasty.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I do love him to death and he's perfect, i was only wondering because now my wife wants a little red girl for her
Honestly, I think you should wait until this one is a bit older. That said, did you read the thread I referenced? Do you think Tank's breeders were reputable? If not, then perhaps look for one that fits the bill.

·
BYB Hunter
1,058 Posts
Be careful with getting two little puppies in the house! They will want to listen and play with each other instead of you and your wife! Remember, Dobies can have two people to love! They are great for families, not just one person! Like everyone else said, try researching "litter-mate syndrome"! If your wife really wants a red girl, wait awhile before you get her, but do your research!! Wait a little bit and you will see how much trouble one little guy will be! Enjoy your pup!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Be careful with getting two little puppies in the house! They will want to listen and play with each other instead of you and your wife! Remember, Dobies can have two people to love! They are great for families, not just one person! Like everyone else said, try researching "litter-mate syndrome"! If your wife really wants a red girl, wait awhile before you get her, but do your research!! Wait a little bit and you will see how much trouble one little guy will be! Enjoy your pup!
Bold mine. I have a doberman and while I got him to be my dog he loves my boyfriend, who I live with, very much. He also loves my parents.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Enjoy your dobe pup....:)

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Are they or aren't they reputable. The question is rather mute now. I say enjoy what you have and wait till your little bundle of joy is no longer little and then decide whether or not to get a little red girl as an addition to your family. This isn't to say you can't look to see who is out there and who may have a litter available say in a year or threes time.. Fact is Dobes do not grow on trees so you are likely to have to do a lot of looking to find just what you want which undoubtedly will take more time and maybe a sizeable amount of travelling than anyone can foretell.

And where are the pics, we want pics.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Glad you are enjoying your new baby.

Certainly want to see pictures!!!

Give yourself a few more months to enjoy this little fella. I have a feeling he might keep you busy.
As someone with a 10 month old male currently (he is my 3rd Dobe) I would take some time to enjoy him, and spend quality time with the entire family.

If I added a second puppy to my house right now I would loose my marbles.

·
Whippet Up
1,588 Posts
Why so soon? Thinking of breeding them? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same litter?

Just wanted to let the op know that I think our boy is from the same litter. His name is bailey(King Bailey Boo as far as the AKC is concerned:lol2:). He has a fantastic personality and my wife and I love him to death. The only thing that concerned me was his weight when we got him. I think at 7-8 weeks he was only about 11lbs. My last doberman who was a female weighed about 20 at 8-9 weeks. He has since grown up quickly and is at about 60lbs at 6 Months. We don't plan on breeding him, but Jessica(the breeder) had different prices for full vs limited akc registration...which I've heard is somewhat controversial. All in all he's a great dog and gets along with our 2 year old beagle incredibly well. He's a super quick learner and very food oriented. Oh...and he still pees like a girl :roflmao:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am very happy with tank and in a few years would like to buy another pup from this breeder. She was very informative and sent constant updates and photos and step by step instructions on posting. Has she contacted you? I sent her some 6 month old pics and she said she was trying to contact and get updated pics of that litter.

·
dobie fanatic
149 Posts
I am very happy with tank and in a few years would like to buy another pup from this breeder. She was very informative and sent constant updates and photos and step by step instructions on posting. Has she contacted you? I sent her some 6 month old pics and she said she was trying to contact and get updated pics of that litter.
Well thats a plus sounds like the puppy had its ears cropped prior to you picking it up. Thats one good sign in your breeder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hmm

That's funny that you say she was trying to get updates of the litter. I sent her some photos at about 4 months, then again just a couple of weeks ago and I didn't get a response either time...

But yes, I was very satisfied with her communication as well. She also sent me pictures and updates as the weeks went on. She also sat with my wife and I in a parking lot when it was about 30 degrees outside teaching us how to post Bailey's ears(I live in cda, drove 7 hours and she drove 2).

I would love to post some pictures on the site but have tried numerous times and it uploads then I get an error. When I get a chance I'll upload some of his pictures to photobucket and post a link.

I'd love to see more pictures of your boy as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts