Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

"Is that a Doberman?"

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  stryker2 
#1 ·
This is not the first time.
Tonight out on our walk, some guy walks by and asks "is that a Doberman?"
Politely, of course I go Yes
BUT
I think I might start telling people, he is a Chihuahua mixed with a great Dane.
It was even funnier, when I had my Lady (Fawn-Isabella), people would be all adoring her, and they would ask what kind of dog. Once I told them, some would jump back.
People are so funny,
Aside from that, Nubis had a great day, lost a few baby teeth on a nice femur bone, lol and learned "wave" and "hike" command.

Reactions: Sinister
#4 ·

Is that a Labrador? Is that a husky? Is that a Dalmation? Is that a Kelpie (questioner knew a Kelpie)? Is that an "English Terrier" (they meant Bull Terrier)? Is that a Pit Bull? Is that a "Doberman Pincher"? I know I've been asked a few other breeds, but don't rember what, off hand. What do y'all think? Is she any of those breeds, or am I just deluding myself when I say she's a mutt? :confused: :)

#8 ·
Patchwork, yes that's Ilka. I'll post more pictures as soon as I get some more film developed. I still shoot 35 mm with Minolta and Yashica SLRs, and the odd roll of 120 with a Yashica A TLR, but I'm getting DVDs done starting with the last batch I took in. They will be ready Thursday, and I will see what's on them (they are labeled with the date and camera info, but not subject). That only leaves another 45 or so rolls to get done. I'm almost embarassed to say it, but the ones I'm getting done now are from 2010.

As for Ilka's breeding, I did do a DNA profile, just to get an idea of what I was dealing with (I've heard they aren't very accurate). It came back mostly Bulldog, then Italian Greyhound, with a dash each of Am Staff and Collie. We're still scratching our heads over the Bulldog part. Somebody joked that I should just call her a Pear Orchard Dog, because that is the part of town where I found her. I've even had a few people insist she had to be a purebred something, because she's so pretty. :D

#11 · (Edited)

Here's a picture of her on 1-21-12. We got a 88 in Novice B.

ETA Sorry it's blurry. Photographer did give permission to share the photos.

#12 ·
I love your girl Rosemary. I'm a sucker for those ears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.