Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
She looks like a doberman to me. They probably think the ears stand on their own. Some people ask me what Kyrah is. I say doberman. They say thats what I thought and cock their head kinda and then I pick up her ears. They go....oh, thats what it is. Then...she looks so sweet with her ears like that. If thats all you've gotten so far dont let it bother you. I am sure in the future you will get some more things that you wont appreciate. Just ignore, ignorance.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think she looks like all dobe too. Just think, dogs all have different characteristics like humans (such as her more narrow nose), but some breeders work to achieve specific traits that are as close to the standard as possible, which might be what this friend is envisioning? Anyway, just because your girl may variate from that doesn't mean she's not a doberman :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Ah, she is sweet. Looks absolutely 100% to me. Whoever told you differently doesn't know much about what dobermans look like.
My gal's face is also narrow when compared with a male Dobe that belongs to a friend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone this all very helpful. I appreciate all of the feedback. I will now know what to say to someone if they comment about it again. And yes, she is a very sweet girl. Also, she has strange habits of like biting or attacking her back legs or tail, has anyone else's doberman done stuff like that I find it quite funny it's the first i've seen a dog do that our pitbull does strange things but not this in particular. She is still a pup and very playful so it must be her way of getting out some energy.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Thank you everyone this all very helpful. I appreciate all of the feedback. I will now know what to say to someone if they comment about it again. And yes, she is a very sweet girl. Also, she has strange habits of like biting or attacking her back legs or tail, has anyone else's doberman done stuff like that I find it quite funny it's the first i've seen a dog do that our pitbull does strange things but not this in particular. She is still a pup and very playful so it must be her way of getting out some energy.
This is usually a sign of boredom. How much exercise does she get, and how often to you train/work?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wait? Are you guys trying to say that every Doberman is not exactly the same? Wow I'm lost.

....if she isn't a dobie she does a pretty good job of pretending to look like one.
Beautiful little girl!

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
They said because of the way her ears sit and that her face is very narrow.
Good grief and what made this person who came up with those reasons an expert.

A Doberman is supposed to have a relatively narrow head (therefore the face will also be relatively narrow)--what did they think it should look like--a Rottweiler head?

And as for ear set and carriage--show me 10 uncropped and 10 cropped Dobes and I can show you 20 different ears sets and carriages.

Many people are idiots--she looks like a Dobe--if I saw her on the street I'd think she was a Dobe--in the 50 plus years that I had and been looking at Dobes I've seen a lot of them--including some that didn't look like Dobes but the person who told you that needs to study the Doberman standard and go to some shows before they start opening their mouth.

·
Registered
355 Posts
She's a Dobie alright!! I get people people doubting my dog as well because of his size and colour (fawn). She is a very feminine looking Doberman! Very cute!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like 100%, grade A dober to me ;)

Reactions: HerMewMew

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Odin does this as well, he's 7 months. Like Kevin said it might be a sign of boredom, my breeder also said its him just being goofy. Odin will do it if I haven't done anything tiring like dog park or really long walks, he will get bored and start biting his feet and chasing his nub >_< at that point I will try to teach him a new trick to get his mind going and mentally exhausted.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
She is the spitting image of my Dobe and he is a boy and I can attest 100% Dobe. The narrow face is indicative of Spanish Dobes I have come to learn so you never know she may have some latino blood in her, but trust me it is Dobe blood no less.

·
Dobes stole my heart &lt;3
3,418 Posts
looks like a totally sweet red dober girl to me! love the sweet love me face!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts