Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i have a 4 month old red dobie and i have recently found out from many people he has an allergy to chicken... Before i was feeding him what his breeder was feeding him before. which is blue buffalo chicken and rice. Ever since he came back home with me he developed these white spots under his skin and he itches them like crazy at first i thought it was bed bugs or something but after speaking to many experienced dobie owners they told me he was allergic to chicken. I went to the vet and he told me that he's allergic to bed bugs or something.. but i go with my instinct and listen to the other dog owners... Now i am feeding him Blackwood (Lamb and rice) Do you think this will be ok for him? i mean allot of the owners suggested this brand but with the salmon and in my pet shop they only sell the chicken or the lamb one... has anyone had this before? what food do you feed your dobie if he/she has an allergy to chicken.. baring in mind i live in Malaysia so it will be hard to find american brands or such...
Thanks everyone looking forward to your help xx

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Try looking on LindaH posts She has most of the Dog food sites to look food up. Blackwood does not look like a bad food. Its made in Ohio. But I have to look at one ingredient which is Fructooligosaccharide (FOS), Never heard of this one.
For starters you want a food with no corn, wheat, or soy in it.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I have a couple of sites below in my signature that analize and rate various dog foods. You can check out Blackwoods there. Also, you can look up allergy dog foods and hopefully find a good one (5 star) which you can buy there./////Your pup is very young to be diagnosed with food allergies. Corn, wheat, soy, flax are common foods that can cause an allergy reaction in a dog, also. If your pup is being bitten by bedbugs, you need to use something to get rid of them that is not toxic to your puppy. Best wishes to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts