Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday evening I lost my dearest little girl Lindsey, she felt down and died, I can imagine she not there anymore, I will missed her so deeply. She was my everything, she died on the age of almost 10 years. It hurt so much and tears won't stop coming, I know its part of life, but we never used to it.

Thanks to BIB who made this wonderful picture of her just the way she was, She is in my heart always.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: They miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

Iris Lindsey 1996-2006

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Oh Elly i am so sorry to hear of your loss,feel lucky that she picked you and stayed with you for 10 years and had many happy times.When i welcome a new member to the forum i sometimes state that on here we have some happy times and some sad times,this is one of the sad times,we all feel for you and hope our support will make you feel a little better.
God bless.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Elly I am truly sorry for the loss of your dear friend. No matter how old they are it is always hard. Try to hold on to the fond memories of your little girl Lindsey and not the one of when she passed.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Oh Elly, so very sorry to hear about Lindsey I hope your smiles come back soon.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
im very sorry for your loss -DCM is a horrible disease and i am always devestated when someone else has to lose a dog to it.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Awww Elly Im also so very sorry to hear. Thank you for posting the Rainbow bridge story...that is the one I like so very much. She is a beautiful dog and was gifted to have such a wonderful owner!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Elly I am so sorry for your loss, I know she will be greatly missed. In time the pain of loss will turn to memories of happy times, the rainbow story brought tears to my eyes for you and Lindsey and all that have lost their beloved pets and for us someday who will lose ours.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Elly I am hearbroken to hear about your loss. She is in another better place now just like you mentioned, happy and full of life. You haven't lost her she will always be with you in your memories and she will always have that special place in your heart.

Naveen

·
Registered
986 Posts
Sometimes I think they're on loan to us for just a little while, like angels on Earth, to make us better people. My deepest sympathy, Elly. RIP Lindsey.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this Elly. The pic of her is beautiful. My deepest sympathies for you in this time.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I'm so sorry Elly to read of the passing of your Pal. I don't know what to say, but I know exactly how you feel right now.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thank you all for such nice words, it really helps, I know that time will heal, I will never forget her she was so amazing.

I know she lives thru in my heart, she always will!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sorry about your loss. Most of us here know what you are going through. You are right when you say it is part of life, but we never get used to it. We never do but they stay in our hearts forever.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Elly, I know from expereince there is nothing I can say that will make the pain and emptiness you feel any easier to bear. In times such as these I find comfort in music. Some lyrics from a song called The Long Road come to mind this morning:

En ik wenste voor zolang dit, niet kan blijven...
Alle kostbare ogenblikken, kunnen blijven niet...
Het is niet als vleugels is gevallen, niet kunnen blijven...
Maar ik voel iets het missen, niet kan zeggen...

De handen van de holding zijn dochters en zonen
En hun faiths die enkel onderaan, onderaan, onderaan, vallen onderaan...
Ik heb voor zolang dit gewenst
Hoe ik vandaag u dit wens

Wij allen lopen de lange weg. Kan blijven niet...
Daar geen behoefte vaarwel te zeggen...
Al vrienden en de familie
Alle geheugen dat, ronde, ronde, ronde rond gaan
Ik heb voor zolang dit gewenst
Hoe ik vandaag u dit wens

En de wind houdt brullend
En de hemel houdt grijs draaiend
En de zon wordt geplaatst
De zon zal een andere dag... toenemen

Wij allen lopen lange weg

Lindsey has taken a shorter path to the end of the road, where she's waiting for you.

I just walked up to Niki's grave and asked her to find Lindsey and show her around the Bridge. I told her to look for the Dobe like Augie with the regal look and graying chin, just like hers. They'll both be waiting for us when we reach the end of the road

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks morrmar for the beautiful words you wrote, it really helps!

Today its so quiet here, even the boys are quiet, Its so unreal she is not with me! but I know I have to move on, also for the other boys they have the right I 'll be there for them too!

Thank you all for your nice words!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts