Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, TT

after getting my skin burned off in the 90 degree weather on staten island, rah and I came home with a fancy TT after his name ;) hopefully the start of many more, but it's his first title!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the TT is a temperament test (www.atts.org) similar to the WAE in some ways, different in others. you can read about it on their website...

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Congrats. on the TT!!! Good for Rah...and of course you!! :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Well done to the blue blur :emo1: :emo1: :tropthy: :beer:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow, that's fantastic. How you train for that? It looks like a CGC test, but with the twist of a "threatening situation" to see if the dog will protect its owner added to the mix. What did the test do, and did you have to do you best to "sell" to Rah that you were genuinely scared?

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's no real ability to do anything during the test with the ATTS - you are not allowed to speak to your dog at all, and even if you are allowed to encourage your dog, you cannot SPEAK or TOUCH your dog - you are only allowed to touch the objects you want to get him to go near (the umbrella or the bucket).

I did no training with Rah - went through cold turkey (except it's very similar to the WAC, which rah has also taken). I literally stood there like a lump at the end of the leash and let Rah do his thing.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Rah rocks! Congrats to you both! Thank-you for the site info - Staten Is is about an hour's drive and am seriously considering preparing Java for this test next year. Any points off if the dog being tested insists on licking the 'stranger' to death???

BTW - test results are really interesting, impressed with not only how many Dobes have been tested but their passing rate as well. Am a bit concerned about the 'shot' test - Java was very nervous as a pup when she'd hear a motorcycle pull up beside our car in traffic, now when she hears one screaming up the hill, the ears go up, the head turns but there is no fear-based reaction. How did you go about preparing Rah for this part of the test?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Congrats to you and Rah!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Congratulations Rah! You blue cutie!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts