Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pro Snake Wiggler
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog Wheel Tire Bicycle Carnivore
Dog Purple Dog breed Comfort Carnivore

I guess it’s probably time to introduce her, so this is Phoebe! She’s a little under two years old and after a lot of last minute plan changes and reroutes and everything else has landed safely at my house at roughly midnight last night/this morning.

Phoebe was imported from overseas as a puppy, but spent most of her life exclusively in a crate until she was returned to a stateside go-between with her breeder. Those of you who are into pedigrees, she is a Cajo progeny and is pure working line. Her pedigree says she should be pretty fun in protection once she settles into being a house dog.

She’s a little undersocialized but she’s very sweet and fun, very puppyish and a total goofball in the house. She hasn’t met the other girls yet and won’t until she’s done settling in, but she’s seen them in passing and has been very appropriate even with the littles so I’m optimistic about her blending with the pack. We’ll be taking some time to get to know each other over the winter and then once blizzards stop threatening to ruin my fun, we’ll see what she’s like on the field.

·
Registered
193 Posts
@Jazi ...... <<Her pedigree says she should be pretty fun in protection>> 👍🏼......slightly understated brother considering Eric v. Strundertal — DV IDC WM 3rd 1999, 1st 2000, 2001 near perfect score A, B and C—appears 4-4 top and bottom of Angel's “L” and “K” litters ( Phoebe) as do Brista v.d Doberwache and Curd von der Urftquelle same 4-4 top and bottom.
Mike

·
Super Moderator
23,670 Posts
So excited to get to know her and it makes my heart happy that you have a Dobe in your house again.

·
Pro Snake Wiggler
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Jazi ...... <<Her pedigree says she should be pretty fun in protection>> 👍🏼......slightly understated brother considering Eric v. Strundertal — DV IDC WM 3rd 1999, 1st 2000, 2001 near perfect score A, B and C—appears 4-4 top and bottom of Angel's “L” and “K” litters ( Phoebe) as do Brista v.d Doberwache and Curd von der Urftquelle same 4-4 top and bottom.
Mike
She needs a little bit of confidence first, unsurprising as she's spent most of her life in a crate doing absolutely nothing except looking at the same four walls of a small box, but with how she's recovered from the blow of moving homes I'm optimistic that she'll come out of her shell. And then we can see if she likes to bite as much as her ancestors did ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts