Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Introducing.....

2K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  brumwolf 
#1 ·
My new girl Peaches!

She is from IDR and I adopted her today. She is about 5 years old, cropped and docked, (one flops) and is a tripod.

Someone posted her on another forum as her new foster and I became interested in her when I found out she has 3 legs.

I talked to her foster mom and her previous foster mom of 2 years and she loves kids and sounded like she would fit into my family.

She gets up everytime I do, so pictures are hard to get right now, but I did manage to get these.

See less See more
#7 ·
Zucker said:
awwww... congrats! do you know what's the story with the leg?
No one seems to know what happened to her leg. All they know is she was an abuse case and pulled from a kill shelter. One lady fostered her for 2 years and then found out the rescue hadn't even been advertising her as adoptable and she was sent to another rescue in Illinois and that is where I got her from.

#8 ·
Lexus said:
I am SO happy for you CM!! Peaches looks like an absolute peach!! (pardon the pun!) I bet she gets around as good as any 4 legger! How are the kids doing with her?
They haven't really been around her yet. I took them with me to pick her up, but then took them back to their father's since he does have visitation on the weekends. They will be back tomorrow morning though.

#11 ·
She's absolutely adorable!! And her missing leg, makes her even cuter (coming from a person who has been in the rescue/volunteer world for the last five years, I think things like this give character!)

Oh, I'm so happy for you! Congrats!! :)

#22 ·
Congrats Kristen! I know how excited you are to have her. She looks like a real doll! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.