Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first doberman puppy he is a red dobe and 8 weeks old. I have been reading through the forum quite a bit and decided it was time to join. It has been full of such useful information:) Here are a few pics of my new baby Zeppelin!! Hopefully the pictures show up right not exactly sure:/

Attachments

·
Registered
12,009 Posts

·
Got mutt?
13,840 Posts
Hi, and welcome. He's a cutie. Since he's not cropped, I assume you are going to leave his ears natural? I prefer natural ears, myself (and tail too, for that matter). :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ya'll!! he is def a little sweetie :D We just had an appt on sat in greenville NC for an ear crop consult he will be getting them done soon, i am nervous about doing it though i look at his big ole floppy ears and how cute he is.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome! He's adorable. The one with him laying on the tiger bed is my favorite. I say keep his floppy ears ;)

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Welcome, what a cutie! Who is your breeder, I used to live in that area too

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Welcome to DT! Why didn't the breeder handle the cropping for you? Usually that is not left up to the new owner because there is a lot of room for error if it's your first time going through it, or the vet you choose is not a good Doberman cropping artist.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the responses yall!! I have def done lots of research in cropping vets for nc and sc have found a great one in greenville nc who has been doing it for 25 years after the initial consult i felt happy with him as he answered all my questions that i had. being a nervous mom and all i wanted to make sure my baby got the best. We have family members who have also owned dobes that have been helping us too:)zeppelin was not purchased from a breeder so we are having to do the crop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts