Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The house was so empty without a dobe in it, we couldn't stand it any more. So we contacted our local dobe rescue & Trooper came home with us. We will never forget our brave boy Homer but having a new dog to love & care for gives us something to focus on & helps with the grief.

Trooper is 16 months old, docked, not yet neutered (though he will be soon) & originates from Cyprus. He's a very sweet natured boy & we see bags of potential in him. We are his 4th home but someone has put some effort into him as he is house trained, he will sit, come, give paws, fetch a ball (sort of :)) & his food manners are excellent. He needs filling out though, he's way too thin & his bowels need to firm up so he's on a light diet of chicken, rice, pasta eggs at the moment. He likes to suck his flank, he's not making himself sore, just very wet. He only seems to do it when he settles down to rest & only then for a couple of minutes. He will stop doing it if you tell him. Should we discourage him or is it ok to let him do it? I don't want it to exacerbate into an ocd thing.
It's been a long time since I've had a young dobe, I'd forgotten how bouncy they can be. :D

Here's a few pics, only good ones I've got so far are head shots. :)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. The house was so empty I didn't even want to be in it. We took our 1st vacation together in 32 years. I vacation sucked, DH has in pain due to a cyst in a bad, bad place and our friend has kidney stones. When we came home I was on the hunt. He is a lovely boy and I look forward to lots of pictures of him. He is a lucky boy and has big shoes to fill. Didn't you feel empty? It was miserable. Congratulations on your new boy. He's not a replacement, he's an addition.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the name Trooper! But the real trooper here is you for rescuing that boy. He is so cute. This is going to be good good good.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

He's a good looking boy and he looks relieved to have a family and home. Wishing you many wonderful years together. :)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
OH he has the bestest face EVER!!!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I get emotional when I read these great stories.............you're an angel and Trooper will not disappoint you........well we know you can look forward to lots of dobepokes,kisses, snuggles,and a kid that doesn't talk back:)

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone, we think he's pretty darn cute too. We're really looking forward to seeing him blossom & grow into a sensible mature doberboy. :lol2:

He is a lovely boy and I look forward to lots of pictures of him. He is a lucky boy and has big shoes to fill. Didn't you feel empty? It was miserable. Congratulations on your new boy. He's not a replacement, he's an addition.
You've hit the nail right on the head, the house was empty, we felt empty. Yes, he has big shoes/paws to fill, he could never replace the irreplaceable but my 3 angels are locked away safely in my heart & the love I had for them I will now give to Trooper.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts