Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

She is 4 months old and a real sweetheart.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,689 Posts
She's a beauty!! I love her wise eyes.:butfly:

Reactions: Motomutt

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
aww gorgeous little doll.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
beautiful! Her ears look amazing!
Thanks!

Well that is how they look most of the time but sometimes we get this....

and

So we are back to wrapping, I let her have a week off the wrapping because the tape had caused irratation in her ears and there was some dried blood, her ears stand but are a little weak at the tips.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you are open to suggestions, a cross band at the bottom with duct tape will really help. Position them at 10 and 2 when taping and they should be fixed within a couple tapings!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you are open to suggestions, a cross band at the bottom with duct tape will really help. Position them at 10 and 2 when taping and they should be fixed within a couple tapings!
Ok not quite understanding, do you have a picture??

I wrap using vet wrap, pipe insulation and tape and have a brace at the bottom of just tape which is too flexible (so it is really not a brace).

I am always open to suggestions, there is never just one way to do anything!

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
She is positively gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing her (and you) at the shows.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Ok not quite understanding, do you have a picture??

I wrap using vet wrap, pipe insulation and tape and have a brace at the bottom of just tape which is too flexible (so it is really not a brace).

I am always open to suggestions, there is never just one way to do anything!
Congrats she is beautiful

I find the pipe insulation to be to flimsy sometimes, and not enough support. Maybe try the tampon method. But also I think you just need to keep taping, it's a fairly long crop.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ok, here is a view of the cross band. I have a piece of cardboard wrapped in duct tape (edges smoothed) so it won't bother her head.

cut some duct tape.
12" by 1"
5" by 2"

First take a 12" piece of tape, wrap it around the front of the ears and close it at the back so it sticks to itself around the post. Make sure it is lining up at the front though, not the back like I have shown here.

Second, take the cardboard piece and put it in line with the tape you just wrapped. Take a piece 2" by however wide the cardboard is (probably 5") and tape over both sides to finish it off and secure it all.

I do want to point out as well that the ears should be taped with the cross band (if you do want to use it) at 10 and 2. As you can see in this photo, it was my early posting jobs and I made an error having them standing straight up at 12 and 1. They were starting to lean in and the tips would touch, once i positioned at 10 and 2, it took 3 days for them to go back to normal.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
What a lil' sweetie!

Jan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts