Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally posting some pics of our sweet little girl, Raz! She is 10.5 weeks old. She has been so much fun. We just love her to death!!

Here are some pics that I've taken over the past couple of weeks. Sorry some are poor quality, they were taken with my phone:

This was her first day home. Lying in the front yard, watching cars go by.

Discovering that the cat's bed is pretty comfy :)

Discovering that the baby's swing is pretty comfy too :) She fell asleep on my feet while I was nursing the baby. I got up to put the baby in bed. When I came back into the living room I could not find Raz anywhere! I thought she must have put herself in bed in her crate. Nope! Finally found her all curled up in the swing. LOL! First and only time I found her there.

Wiped out after taking her first walk around the neighborhood.

Recovering

Watching dad fix the gate

Random pics in the back yard:

My fave :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More pics, post ear crop :)

After doing tons of research and much consideration of all of the advice regarding ear cropping that I received on this forum, we made the 6 hour drive to see Dr. Pew in Orem, UT! I could not be any happier with our decision and with the results. He did an awesome job and they are healing very nicely. Her tail was a little on the long side, so we had that shortened as well. Her surgery was done on Monday, so we are now 3 days post-op.

What is really funny though, is that she has had WAY more energy and spunk since her surgery than she ever has. I had her pegged as a lazy puppy! But the past couple days have been crazy! She seriously has sooo much energy and just wants to play and chew on EVERYTHING!! I wonder if it is her way of coping with the irritation and itchiness from the surgery?? Anyone else experience this after ear cropping? If I didn't know better, I would think they switched puppies on me. LOL

Here are a couple pics from after her crop:

We have family that lives close to Orem. This pic was taken in my Aunt's front yard right after we picked her up from the vet. She went potty, then found this soft patch of ground cover in the shade and zonked out :)

These were taken yesterday, 2 days post-op:

I love these with the straw in her mouth!

A couple close-ups of her ears:

Thanks for checking out our sweet pup!!!

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,451 Posts
I know with rescue dogs it usually takes 2 or 3 weeks in a new home before they become comfortable enough to start acting their normal selves. Somehow I don't think it works that way in a puppy who is adapting well to a new home, but perhaps your pup's developing energy is showing up due to a similar reaction--it takes while to scope things out, and the pup needs a lot of sleep to recover from new experiences.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
She sure is cute...and I laughed at how Raz claimed the cat bed and baby swing once.
- sure got a clever pup, on your hands

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
adorable :)

Reactions: jinglejang

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
She is so sweet. I love the baby swing, she won't fit in that very long. Don't forget, you are required to post lots of pictures.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She is a cutie!

Are the socks on her back paws to keep her from ear-scratching? That's pretty ingenius!
Yes, they are my son's baby socks :) I got the idea off of some threads on here. Unfortunately, they didn't help as much as intended :( She still managed to pull a stitch out.

We have an appt tomorrow morning to have it looked at.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
She is sooo cute, congratulations on your new addition!

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Nice crop! She's a cute girl.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
VERY cute lil' girl!!! I'm so glad you went with Dr. Pew...I knew you wouldn't be disappointed!! :)

Jan

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
She is just gorgeous! Congrats. :) I love the pictures. Love seeing a Doberman right in the middle of a family. Java was exactly the same after his crop - suddenly full of energy, spit and vinegar. He wasn't like that at all before! Completely surprised us, but "new Java" was a lot of fun, and never really went away.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
VERY cute lil' girl!!! I'm so glad you went with Dr. Pew...I knew you wouldn't be disappointed!! :)

Jan
Thank you!! If it wasn't for this forum, I would not have been able to make an educated decision about the right vet to go to. Thank you for your advice on the matter!!

We ended up making a nice little "Mother's Day Road Trip" out of it :) We take care of 2 foster kiddos and were able to leave them with a sitter and have my own kids and hubby (and puppy;)) all to myself!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts