Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Big Will My Puppy Get? | Pupvana

scroll to the bottom of the page and enter info provided its pretty interesting though im not sure how accurate it is. Maybe someone with a full grown dog could put info in of there adult when it was a pup and see how accurate it is. According to this alice will be about 93 lb!!! god i hope not interested to see what other results people get

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I tried this with the first weigh-in I ever did with Dreizehn and it said his final weight would be 121lb.

I then tried this with his weight at 6 months of age and it said his final weight would be 91lb.

Last, I tried this with the weight he was 3 weeks ago and it said his final weight would be 74lb.

I'm not sure I would put much weight on this calculator, lol.

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
I just entered Fi's information (from puppy days - obviously not now) and it estimated 67-lbs. - only off by 5-lbs. Fun, but I wouldn't put much stock in it. :)

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Add 2 months onto your pups age. Seems to give me the result I suspect hr will finally weight.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
It says the girls will be 112# and 103 #. Nah, I don't think so. I think I will stick to my old fashioned doubling their 16 week old weight.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I think there must be something wrong with me. I don't think I've ever once even tried to figure out how big one of my dogs would be at maturity. :)

·
Premium Member
10,157 Posts
I think there must be something wrong with me. I don't think I've ever once even tried to figure out how big one of my dogs would be at maturity. :)
LOL! Probably you do the same thing I do--I almost always know how big the parents are and how big the breeders dogs generally are and wait until they grow up to see how big they get...

I've looked at dozens of these "calculators" over the years and haven't yet found one that was even close to accurate.

And I always remember that I've seen dogs who weighed 104 pounds at maturity who were so pudgy they had no tuck up and should have weighed around 82 to 84 pounds. And on the other hand I've also seen dogs who weighed 75 pounds and their owners were freaking out because they thought they weren't going to be "big" enough (what ever that might be)--a year later they weighed 80 + pounds because they were then mature and looked fine.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Now that I'm have my second Dobe it's funny how I didn't care about how big he was going to get, I only care that I keep him the fittest I can for his size. I want to see ribs and muscle, no fat!

Edit to add:....I went on the site and put in Monty's info and it came back that he would weigh 87#. That could be very close to his final weight, maybe just a couple pounds over. He was a very skinny little puppy early on.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
it said that Odin would be 90 pounds

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Odin is about 7 months and last I checked he was 50 pounds. I know he will be above average and large to the standard because I saw him mom and dad and they are both really good size.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Says saph will weigh 30lbs....ummm huh? How so when her puppy weight(18months old lol) was 69lbs

Not sure how they calculated that hahaha

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Odin is about 7 months and last I checked he was 50 pounds. I know he will be above average and large to the standard because I saw him mom and dad and they are both really good size.
I might b wrong but for me, that seems low for 7 months.
Right now my Nubis at 5 month vet weigh was 49 lbs. My bet with Nubis'sMom places him @90 lbs at final weight. He will be slowing down on weight gain soon, as once he hits 6 months, his walks will be increasing.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
It says 106 pounds, based on Elka's 8 week weight of 16 pounds. She was 71 pounds last trip to the vet.

Though it does say:

For small puppies, take the measurement at 12 weeks of age
For medium puppies, take the measurement at 16 weeks of age
For large puppies, take the measurement at 20 weeks of age
I don't remember what she weighed at 16 or 20 weeks, or I'd try that.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I might b wrong but for me, that seems low for 7 months.
Right now my Nubis at 5 month vet weigh was 49 lbs. My bet with Nubis'sMom places him @90 lbs at final weight. He will be slowing down on weight gain soon, as once he hits 6 months, his walks will be increasing.
I might have read the scale wrong, lol I did it the ghetto way by weighing myself then the dog and then subtracting LOL. That and I am having a hard time putting weight on him. I am messing around with his food right now because the really good food he is eating which is Before Grain and it is to lean for him.

Reactions: Nubis'sDad
1 - 20 of 26 Posts