Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
My two
The younger one: Your dog's drives Prey = 50 Pack = 85 Defense Fight = 50 Defense - Flight = 0
The older one: Your dog's drives Prey = 70 Pack = 80 Defense Fight = 40 Defense - Flight = 20

Here is more about the test: http://www.volhard.com/training/cpp.htm

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Oh, Toro has drives. =) Didn't you say he loves to chase things and pulls on lead, making it hard to walk him? You can still do the test and answer the questions with his natural instincts. It is just a fun test.

You can test out drives and see drives from the time they are small puppies, I know of at least one test that is out there to assess a litter. It is interesting seeing all the different drives, personalities, and other things in a litter of Dobes.

I know my male's drive as a puppy were much different from my female's. He would chase ANYTHING that moved, she has lots of drive, but doesn't feel the need to chase cars (thankfully). I have modified my male's high prey drive with lots of training. But that doesn't mean it isn't still there. Just like I don't let them jump up on the counter and they never try it anymore, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't if given the chance. I know they would and have trained them not to.

The test might not tell you everything and be totally accurate, and yes, sometimes they do change as they get to be adults and have more experience with the world, but some drives can been seen from a young age pretty consistently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.