Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although all of us could probably learn something from this article I thought of you in particular Twink when I read it. Brought to mind your struggle with the Harverster and you going back to work... found the link on another forum but don't think they'd mind if I brought it over here :)
http://slate.msn.com/id/2127419/?GT1=7125

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey i was just gonna PM you with a link i found lol ..No ,seriously i didn't take any offense. Im glad and very thankfull you posted it, it made a heck of alot of sense to me..it actually brought tears to my eyes reading it. Its given me a huge amount to think over and im still not sure if im doing it the right way.

Im working with Harvey on building a routine~ its the same thing every day now ..I will get up, have breakfast, walk Harvey for 40 mintues, when we get back i will put him straight in the kennel and prepare his food and put that in the kennel and walk back into the house as if im gone for work..i then spy on him.. he can see the house from where his kennel is so he stands at the wire quietly watching for about 5 minutes..he will then jump up at the wire briefly and whine and then go quiet and pace then go and lie down. This will repeat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts